• Dap
Reactions: R=G

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
this will be huge. I see it as the only true threat/competitor to youtube.

I read today IG is even looking to create its own original content, like Netflix :wow:

Zuckerberg eating well
Who on Google Earfh continence is looking to watch an hour long video on their phone :dahell:

Sweet spot for this will be 5-10 minute videos, that's about the most anyone can take on a damn phone

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
IGTV Now Supports Landscape Videos

What's next? A Youtube/Web viewing experience?
:jbhmm:
So far i believe this has flopped. Unless some how they can get the ad revenue for people itll never match with youtube

Plus instagram is kind of jumbled now. Even instagram live is kinda fading popularity wise.

Most people are fine with standard time line and the story option.

People go to youtube for specific videos

Aint no one tryna learn how to make cajun shrimp on igtv :manny:

The difference between youtube and ig is that on youtube you can be a nobody and still often get popular videos because of their algorithms

shyt i only got 300 subscribers from 2013 but i got almost 300k views

If you got 300 followers on ig you might get like 20 views because IG prioritizes popular accounts over little accounts

Basically the rich get richer on IG where on youtube it still, decades later, gives people hope that they arent wasting their time making videos

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
So far i believe this has flopped. Unless some how they can get the ad revenue for people itll never match with youtube

Plus instagram is kind of jumbled now. Even instagram live is kinda fading popularity wise.

Most people are fine with standard time line and the story option.

People go to youtube for specific videos

Aint no one tryna learn how to make cajun shrimp on igtv :manny:

The difference between youtube and ig is that on youtube you can be a nobody and still often get popular videos because of their algorithms

shyt i only got 300 subscribers from 2013 but i got almost 300k views

If you got 300 followers on ig you might get like 20 views because IG prioritizes popular accounts over little accounts

Basically the rich get richer on IG where on youtube it still, decades later, gives people hope that they arent wasting their time making videos
Instagram is going through some changes mainly because Facebook has full control over it's direction now.

IGTV didn't take off but a part of me wonders how much effort they really put in to getting it out there. I see the effort and money they are putting in Facebook Watch, we never really saw that with IGTV even tho IG has a vice grip on the younger demographic. I liked the concept and idea for IGTV because it forced people to think outside the box in terms of the video content they wanted to put on the platform. This move kinda seems like a Facebook move and a safe one. I won't be surprised if they eventually integrate IGTV content with Facebook Watch as they continue on this march to be an online video option not named Youtube.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Instagram is going through some changes mainly because Facebook has full control over it's direction now.

They've had full control for near 5 years... the original creators of instagram been gone either role wise or physical wise.. believe I read an article last year that not a single original member of the IG creation team is even left

IGTV didn't take off but a part of me wonders how much effort they really put in to getting it out there. I see the effort and money they are putting in Facebook Watch, we never really saw that with IGTV even tho IG has a vice grip on the younger demographic. I liked the concept and idea for IGTV because it forced people to think outside the box in terms of the video content they wanted to put on the platform. This move kinda seems like a Facebook move and a safe one. I won't be surprised if they eventually integrate IGTV content with Facebook Watch as they continue on this march to be an online video option not named Youtube.

I havnt seen anyone discuss facebook watch even though I do know they put more money into it (like Jada Smith show, etc.)

Zuckerberg has a near $20 billion fine to pay this year (from the ads and spying and shyt) and with Instagram and Facebook user % dropping drastically even in younger demographs, might be time for a new app to arise

but then again maybe facebook/instagram are so big now a days kind of like youtube that it might be impossible for the near future :ld: itll have to be some innovative website like Twitch livestreaming killing off YouTube recorded game play in a sense to arise maybe

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
They've had full control for near 5 years... the original creators of instagram been gone either role wise or physical wise.. believe I read an article last year that not a single original member of the IG creation team is even left

I havnt seen anyone discuss facebook watch even though I do know they put more money into it (like Jada Smith show, etc.)

Zuckerberg has a near $20 billion fine to pay this year (from the ads and spying and shyt) and with Instagram and Facebook user % dropping drastically even in younger demographs, might be time for a new app to arise

but then again maybe facebook/instagram are so big now a days kind of like youtube that it might be impossible for the near future :ld: itll have to be some innovative website like Twitch livestreaming killing off YouTube recorded game play in a sense to arise maybe
Technically they've always had full control, but the IG creators were still fighting Zuckerberg's direction up until they quit like last year. The Verge had an article on it breaking everything down. Essentially, the feeling was that Zuckerberg/Facebook brass was diligently trying to use IG to bolster up Facebook's presence with young adults and teens and compromising what IG's core essence was all about. I think one of the IG owners had been on Paternity Leave and they made a decision on some feature while he was out and dude came back and was like fukk it and bounced with his partner.