Instagram Announces IGTV [Now Supports Landscape Video]

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
IG ain't trynna be the middle man for YouTube anymore. :heh:

Monetization will dictate adoption, as usual.

Wanna see how regulars can capitalize on this. IG gives people with zero personality or interesting qualities an outlet to glamorize their lifestyle. Lengthier videos expose fraudulent personas. Twerking and hoe babble for 60 seconds is not the same as 5+ minutes. IG Live/Replays is some uninteresting chatty shyt majority of the time.

And portrait mode only :scust:

detach

Banned
Daps
Reppin
OHIO
Creators of what tho?

The people creating sketch comedy stuff or just shyt to go viral will be ideal for this platform.

People know that most of their audience is watching them on mobile phones... Why not use the platform that is built for that? And that has over a billion active users?

:gucci:

Creators of what I personally followed on YouTube. Game streams, fitness channels, cooking channels, auto maintenance diy, home improvement diys, tech channels, car reviews, etc. I prefer to watch all these in widescreen.

Yes i agree with your one and only example of sketch comic could work for the IGTV agenda but other than that :camby:with that portrait viewing.

BlackXCL

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
t.
this will be huge. I see it as the only true threat/competitor to youtube.

I read today IG is even looking to create its own original content, like Netflix :wow:

Zuckerberg eating well

AB Ziggy

Banned
Daps
I can see a lot of YouTube creators focusing more on Instagram now since most of em already have more followers there than they have subscribers on YT anyway. All Instagram needs is a proper monetization option and it's OVER.

Facebook may have failed to dent YouTube with that Watch platform they keep promoting, but IGTV is certain to a huge success.

Prodigital

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yet another gimmick :russell:

Youtube already supports this. Google makes one change to promote portrait mode and its a wrap... and who the fukk even wants to watch anything thats over a minute in this terrible aspect ratio.

Grand opening, grand closing. Watch how quickly this hype wears down when Zuckerberg starts throwing those ads every 5 post like IG does.

AB Ziggy

Banned
Daps
Yet another gimmick :russell:

Youtube already supports this. Google makes one change to promote portrait mode and its a wrap... and who the fukk even wants to watch anything thats over a minute in this terrible aspect ratio.

Grand opening, grand closing. Watch how quickly this hype wears down when Zuckerberg starts throwing those ads every 5 post like IG does.

Instagram is a social platform where people share anything they post with over a billion users. Everything is more easily shared and viral on IG than on Youtube.

This is a much bigger deal than you think.

Prodigital

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Instagram is a social platform where people share anything they post with over a billion users. Everything is more easily shared and viral on IG than on Youtube.

This is a much bigger deal than you think.
Assuming users are going to ditch instagram app to used IGTV... an app dedicated to video only? I don't see it.

What they should have done is merge the feature set out the gate into a single app. Having a billion users of one app doesn't mean a billion users of the other :hula:

Now if they turned the video feature off on the OG IG app, they might pick up a user base. But still, like someone said, monetization is the only thing that will make it matter.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Video Platform tailored and mobile phone viewing. It's opening up from the standard video constraints on Instagram and allowing content creators upload longer high quality videos.

Recommended for 9:16 videos, not 16:9
Yuck!!! This gonna be trash if you try to watch the videos on your TV.

GoldenGlove

๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜ถ๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:dwillhuh:

It's catered for mobile viewing so why would you watch it on your TV?

GoldenGlove

๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜ถ๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Assuming users are going to ditch instagram app to used IGTV... an app dedicated to video only? I don't see it.

What they should have done is merge the feature set out the gate into a single app. Having a billion users of one app doesn't mean a billion users of the other :hula:

Now if they turned the video feature off on the OG IG app, they might pick up a user base. But still, like someone said, monetization is the only thing that will make it matter.
:what:

IGTV is integrated with the Instagram app. You don't need the IGTV app at all. I should delete your post because it's 100% inaccurate

:deadmanny:

MustafaSTL

Achievement In Every Field of Human Endeavor
Daps

:gucci: IGTV is on the IG app.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
:dwillhuh:

It's catered for mobile viewing so why would you watch it on your TV?
I watch a TON of YouTube on the YouTube apps on Apple TV/Fire TV/PlayStation.

IGTV can't compete with YouTube if they don't have an app on every platform like YouTube, Netflix, & etc.