Insidious 4:The Last Key Official Thread (Trailer Out)

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
yeah it was the whole Patrick Wilson thing plus the same director so it just feels like the same movie. they dropped around the same time too.

The main difference is insidious deals more with bizarre supernatural stuff and has comedic elements. Well the first two did. The third one was less comedic and had some poignant stuff to say actually.

The conjuring is just straight horror and all about ghosts and hauntings and possessions

Catz

Rookie
Daps
Oh man, please DO NOT go see this movie. The acting was awful, the story did not make any sense and it wasn’t even remotely scary.

Catz

Rookie
Daps
Yea it was not great. I don't know what they are thinking having a 75 year old woman carrying a movie, this franchise has been milked

Definitely. Her acting was awkward and she kept crying which was annoying.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
The main difference is insidious deals more with bizarre supernatural stuff and has comedic elements. Well the first two did. The third one was less comedic and had some poignant stuff to say actually.

The conjuring is just straight horror and all about ghosts and hauntings and possessions
The conjuring 1 and 2 are all around far better films but I will always maintain that the first insidious,especially that first hour is some of the most well done horror the genre has seen in a long time. James wan was on one with that film. It's genuinely creepy and scary.

The 2nd insidious is james wans worst film in my opinion. Leighs script was basura.

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
I enjoyed it. Thought it was a solid entry in the franchise.

I will say this film by far had the most of specs and tucker. So by default,it had the most comedy. That will probably be a make or break it thing for most people.

But,I thought the horror was well done. The first 15 minutes was on the same level as the first film. The jump scares were earned and well done. There just wasn't enough of it. The main ghost had such a great design but was very underused. The climax was...anti climatic. Even if it did have some nice story book ends.

Plot wise I thought it was the most human the franchise has been. Having the plot revolve around Elise,her past and family was a high point for me.

Overall I'd say if you dig the franchise I find it hard to believe you wouldn't like this one.

Overall I'd rank it

Though I'd say 3 and 4 could easily flip flop in my ranking with repeated vieiwng. I'd say they're pretty close to the same quality wise.

7/10

@MartyMcFly I'm positive you will like it.

Last edited:

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
I do wonder if this will be the last film. I mean,it's named the last key and
the way the end led right into the first film what else can they do? Unless they dump Elise altogether.

That said it's making money and why would they stop?

ThaBoyBam

You don't respect your jaw!
Daps
I do wonder if this will be the last film. I mean,it's named the last key and
the way the end led right into the first film what else can they do? Unless they dump Elise altogether.

That said it's making money and why would they stop?

Kill off Else and have her niece take over.

Dominic Brehetto

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Kill off Else and have her niece take over.
well yeah this one leads into the first film and she died in the first film. so unless they do another prequel she's done. So yeah they could have the judge take over like you said

Catz

Rookie
Daps
I enjoyed it. Thought it was a solid entry in the franchise.

I will say this film by far had the most of specs and tucker. So by default,it had the most comedy. That will probably be a make or break it thing for most people.

But,I thought the horror was well done. The first 15 minutes was on the same level as the first film. The jump scares were earned and well done. There just wasn't enough of it. The main ghost had such a great design but was very underused. The climax was...anti climatic. Even if it did have some nice story book ends.

Plot wise I thought it was the most human the franchise has been. Having the plot revolve around Elise,her past and family was a high point for me.

Overall I'd say if you dig the franchise I find it hard to believe you wouldn't like this one.

Overall I'd rank it

Though I'd say 3 and 4 could easily flip flop in my ranking with repeated vieiwng. I'd say they're pretty close to the same quality wise.

7/10

@MartyMcFly I'm positive you will like it.

So since you enjoyed the movie I have a question for you.

There was no explanation for why Elise’s dad then the guy who later bought the house kept random women locked up in the basement. What did that have to do with the story line? Sure they were possessed but what was the need for them being locked up?