Inside Russell Wilson's "close knit" and "exclusive" inner circle

TheGoldCoast

Banned
Daps
If he grew up with these dudes then cool, they most def should be there.

But you mean to tell me that he didn't make any Black friends in his childhood, including none amongst the 50+ plus man rosters of high school and major collegiate football teams that he spent years growing and maturing under? Dudes he went to war with every weekend on the field, traveled with, etc, for years, but perhaps didn't make it pro..he doesn't have none of them type of Black friends?

Hell yeah he does/did.
And I'm sure they'd see a pic like this and think damn :to:

No...go down Mooreland Road in Richmond, VA and you'll be one of 4 negroes in the area. :mjpls:

TheGoldCoast

Banned
Daps

Breh the few blacks that live in that area are dumb wealthy. Russ grandfather was a President at Norfolk State..Most of the black kids I knew who were out there were on some other shyt. It's Collegiate, Maggy Walker, Trinity where the wealthy kids go to school. Tuition alone is like 24k a year.

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
russell-wilson-entourage-seattle-seahawks.jpg

33lcxlj.png
:mjpls:

http://www.si.com/nfl/2014/08/26/russell-wilson-entourage-seattle-seahawks
If thats what he gre up around then that's who he'll hang with. :manny: Wasnt he adopted by a white family? Or was that Culpepper? I could be mistaken.

TheGoldCoast

Banned
Daps
And the schools I mentioned aren't "Dematha" or Fork Union or Hargrave where it's just a farm system and all these kids qualify for scholarship. You actually have to pay that 24k a year. Football isn't even the most popular sport at that school. Cross Country is :pachaha:

Last edited:

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
He went to an elite private school in Henrico County Richmond, VA. Doesn't surprise me. :yeshrug: Only a handful of blacks went to that school.
If anyone is familiar with the area you don't find this shocking.

orig_photo97278_2292209.jpg

http://www.collegiate-va.org/page

I'm not excusing his choices because for me I couldn't be around that many white folks in my personal life but I don't find it shocking given his background.
I think bold is easy to say when you were never around them anyway. If you grew up and were friends with them it gets harder to say stuff like that. Most people that say it probably grew up in majority one race area. That's what I usually see

TheGoldCoast

Banned
Daps
I think bold is easy to say when you were never around them anyway. If you grew up and were friends with them it gets harder to say stuff like that. Most people that say it probably grew up in majority one race area. That's what I usually see

:skip: Breh my background is pretty similar to his which is why I'm in this thread heavy. I grew up literally 4 neighborhoods over :mjpls: I made that decision because for me it's just not what I'm about today. I hold personal views that don't mesh well with having them as friends. I don't hold my tongue and like to talk politics. I have many lifelong acquaintances but the whole "bro" thing :huhldup: Russ dates white women and is very affluent. They have a lot in common.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
:skip: Breh my background is pretty similar to his which is why I'm in this thread heavy. I grew up literally 4 neighborhoods over :mjpls: I made that decision because for me it's just not what I'm about today. I hold personal views that don't mesh well with having them as friends. I don't hold my tongue and like to talk politics. I have many lifelong acquaintances but the whole "bro" thing :huhldup: Russ dates white women and is very affluent. They have a lot in common.
See this where I rather be face to face cause online nikkas start with the dumb shyt. So when you were a child you held these same views that you learned as you got older? Since this is online you'll say yes but whatever that ain't the norm children don't care about that shyt you talking about as youth. You don't hang with them good for you but some outlier situation (which your is) doesn't make what I said not true for the majority.

Oh and 4 neighborhoods over really I mean like them are your actual neighbors my guy shyt 4 neighborhoods over can usually switch up dynamics so that is kinda eh.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
no new friends, no new friends...no no no

edit: on the real, i remember being approached by a better chance to go to one of those uppity schools like that, hit my parents with the quick NOPE. nothing wrong with having diversity to your crew, but i feel some type of way about being your token diversity candidate

TheGoldCoast

Banned
Daps
See this where I rather be face to face cause online nikkas start with the dumb shyt. So when you were a child you held these same views that you learned as you got older? Since this is online you'll say yes but whatever that ain't the norm children don't care about that shyt you talking about as youth. You don't hang with them good for you but some outlier situation (which your is) doesn't make what I said not true for the majority.

Oh and 4 neighborhoods over really I mean like them are your actual neighbors my guy shyt 4 neighborhoods over can usually switch up dynamics so that is kinda eh.

As a youth I was an idiot and ignored a lot of racial shyt that flew my way under the guise that since our parents all kick it, we cool. For me to be friends with non-black people like that is to tolerate backhanded comments, whether you grew up with them or not. Actually those usually are the worst offenders. Oh and the bolded, breh if dude had went to public school he would've been at the same high school(different year groups though). My family is not equal financially but the neighborhood racial makeup wasn't different at all.

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
As a youth I was an idiot and ignored a lot of racial shyt that flew my way under the guise that since our parents all kick it, we cool. For me to be friends with non-black people like that is to tolerate backhanded comments, whether you grew up with them or not. Actually those usually are the worst offenders. Oh and the bolded, breh if dude had went to public school he would've been at the same high school(different year groups though). My family is not equal financially but the neighborhood racial makeup wasn't different at all.
I guess we all do it (regarding making our experience the whole truth) but I grew up financially and location equal to whites (and some blacks) in our neighborhood (in Louisiana before moving to Philly) and personally never got these backhanded comments nor did the people in my circle. That's why I have a different view on top of seeing others have similar stories that have a shared experience. Not trying to be funny but when you don't have the same $$$ background stuff sometimes tends to get funny but I think that's regardless of race because of usual difference in certain views.