I got one question about The Joker....
tenor.gif

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
Of course we have to get a Leto inspired look :hhh:

Will get the Clown Prince back in a suit ASAP.

To be fair, he looks nothing like Leto in SS. In fact Leto is probably the most gangster we've seen Joker, and more importantly, more true to the comics. I think that's what Nolan missed in his version. The Joker, while maniacal and crass, has a sense of self image. He chooses to wear three piece suits, not because he's ironic, but because he still clings onto his former lifestyle of being a "boss". From the Fedora to the wing tip shoes, it's a relic of his former self.

Leto understood this better than Ledger, his scenes are meant to bring gravitas to the Joker, not a sense of irony. From the cane, to the rings, Leto's Joker is closer to Nicholson's Joker than Heath's, and for me, that's enough.

In conclusion, they failed with this iteration, as it doesn't remind me of Leto in anyway.

This;

Joker-Jared-Leto-Premiere-Interview.jpg

Is not this;

Injustice-2-Joker-e1493401136264.jpg

By any stretch of the imagination. One looks like mob boss with green hair, the other like an emo psychopath who wants to follow in the real Joker's footprints.

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
To be fair, he looks nothing like Leto in SS. In fact Leto is probably the most gangster we've seen Joker, and more importantly, more true to the comics. I think that's what Nolan missed in his version. The Joker, while maniacal and crass, has a sense of self image. He chooses to wear three piece suits, not because he's ironic, but because he still clings onto his former lifestyle of being a "boss". From the Fedora to the wing tip shoes, it's a relic of his former self.

Leto understood this better than Ledger, his scenes are meant to bring gravitas to the Joker, not a sense of irony. From the cane, to the rings, Leto's Joker is closer to Nicholson's Joker than Heath's, and for me, that's enough.

In conclusion, they failed with this iteration, as it doesn't remind me of Leto in anyway.

This;

Joker-Jared-Leto-Premiere-Interview.jpg

Is not this;

Injustice-2-Joker-e1493401136264.jpg

By any stretch of the imagination. One looks like mob boss with green hair, the other like an emo psychopath who wants to follow in the real Joker's footprints.

Former lifestyle of being a boss? Tim Burton's movies ain't canon fam. Joker was a loser before his run in with Batman.

Jokerorig.png

I go off the comics to see where these other mediums should pull inspiration for these characters. And sure, Joker has a sense of self-worth and image, and it's grandiose, but it's not a mobster feel, and its DEFINITELY not this emo looking thing. He really just has his own unique look..and neither of those are it.

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
Former lifestyle of being a boss? Tim Burton's movies ain't canon fam. Joker was a loser before his run in with Batman.

Jokerorig.png

I go off the comics to see where these other mediums should pull inspiration for these characters. And sure, Joker has a sense of self-worth and image, and it's grandiose, but it's not a mobster feel, and its DEFINITELY not this emo looking thing. He really just has his own unique look..and neither of those are it.

To be fair, I could just as well link an image of both the TAS and Golden Age of Joker dressing in said attire while simply being a bank robber and mafia-type character. Before the Silver Age and censoring of comics, he was a mobster, rewritten "canon" is adorable, but its fickle (just like the Star Wars eu).

Basically we can "go off" a particular era of comics, and what most studios go off on, is the mafia-type, three piece, Joker. TAS, Nolan, Burton, and even the Arkham games use that Joker.

Tic Tac T O

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TORONTO!
do y'all selves a favour and watch this shyt. some of these combos look siiiiiiiiiick