INDIAN Chicks mad that their men are c00nING too. LMAO.

WheresWallace

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’m Tired of Watching Brown Men Fall in Love With White Women Onscreen
vk089mv95i5hjtvw0zq9.jpg

Aditi Natasha Kini
7/06/17 4:40pm
Filed to: the big sick
1.8K61
ddyduzusuyslbaonij35.png

Image via screenshot/Amazon Studios

The Big Sick has been roundly lauded in the press lately, including here at Jezebel, and not without good reason: it’s a funny, heartwarming love story based on the true-life experiences of cowriters/married couple Kumail Nanjiani and Emily V. Gordon. But as much as I liked it—and I did—I also found myself exhausted, yet again, by the onscreen depiction of a brown man wanting to date a white woman, while brown women are portrayed alternately as caricatures, stereotypes, inconsequential, and/or the butts of a joke.

http://themuse.jezebel.com/i-m-tire...ium=sharefromsite&utm_source=The_Muse_twitter

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAtQAAAAJDA4Y2Y4ZGE1LWYwYmQtNGE0MS1hNjY1LWRiM2UwMzJmMTI4Yw.jpg

@stomachlines How do you rate the author of the article? :jbhmm:

L0Qutus

All Star
Daps
I read the article. She writes one sentence about that Geico cave man Mindy Kaling.

Mindy Kaling's show has been on for years AND she's had the highest profile of South Asian actors AND she does EVERYTHING the writer is complaining about. :shaq2:

One sentence given Kaling a pass because when a woman does it it's different. :sas1:

I'm sure if there's a Shea Butter Twitter this writer is a member of Curry Twitter

Phitz

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So Quetezecotal is mad that Habeeb wanna reverse c00n :mjlol:

Your joke has no context

Quetezecotal is Mexican/Spanish and Habib/Habeeb is an ARABIC name not INDIAN

At least pick the right names so the joke sounds right

somma you coli nikkas revel in being ignorant on here

Make the rest of us cringe with embarrassment

Gully Bull

Love Sponge
Daps
Reppin
A fleeting childhood
I'm sure Indian women thought that of me and its true. Self hate is rampant and I've personally seen a lot of Indian men going all out for white women. I wasn't ever checking for Indian women growing up and am embarrassed of my view point.

Edit
The mating dance between Asian men and white women is rife with exotification and cringe-worthy othering. As bell hooks puts it, in “the commodification of Otherness,” ethnicity becomes spice to a dull, mainstream white dish.
:whoo:

L0Qutus

All Star
Daps
I went to graduate school and worked with a lot of South Asian cats. They love them some white wimmens :ohlawd:

Some were Muslim too but they loved to drink, eat bacon, and chase white girls BUT they knew when it was time to get married they had to find a girl with the same background :ufdup:

UpAndComing

Veteran
Daps
Your joke has no context

Quetezecotal is Mexican/Spanish and Habib/Habeeb is an ARABIC name not INDIAN

At least pick the right names so the joke sounds right

somma you coli nikkas revel in being ignorant on here

Make the rest of us cringe with embarrassment

Breh I know the origin of the name, I used the name for sarcasm. I been studying this history for over a decade

You probably just got out your Mesoamerican history class and now wanna "school" nikkas

tumblr_mlkoyadFCT1so5xtno1_400.gif

Be gone :mjlol:

Canon

Veteran
Daps
I read the article. She writes one sentence about that Geico cave man Mindy Kaling.

Mindy Kaling's show has been on for years AND she's had the highest profile of South Asian actors AND she does EVERYTHING the writer is complaining about. :shaq2:

One sentence given Kaling a pass because when a woman does it it's different. :sas1:

I'm sure if there's a Shea Butter Twitter this writer is a member of Curry Twitter
:dame:its always different when its the females with cacs

thats real love breh

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So Quetezecotal is mad that Habeeb wanna reverse c00n :mjlol:

On the low if you deal with some indian folks this always been an issue. In their culture many times the women got to get approval from dad and brothers on who they can date.

But the dad and the brothers be out there smashing everything.

I have known at least 2 indian girls who basically were shamed into not dating and marrying some black dudes. But their own dad and brothers were smashing every sista and white girl they could get their hands on.

And folks got the nerve to say black men try to police black womens coochies.....:mjlol: