In the past, Foundational Black Americans were the Most Classy, Admirable, Reputable and Married People in this Country. What Happened to US??

Stuntone

Louisiana Made, DC PAID!
Daps
Reppin
IT Cert-Gang Mafia, GMB and HOH
We took pride in our family's and communities. Took pride in the way with dressed and cared ourselves in public. We carried outselves in a way that demanded Respect from ALL.
We took pride in our jobs and skills. Women were proud to show out their cooking and homemaker skills. Though poor, we'd have our little homes and projects clean and tighty. Little gardens and plants. Well groom lawns, no trash around around our home.

In the past, you'd tell a kid that's misbehaving, "you know your parents aint raise you like that" and they freeze and felt instant guilt. We took pride in our last names and wanted to look and do well for our families.

We weren't perfect, but we were amazing for a people less than 100 years removed from centuries of slavery.

1960s-african-american-family-looking-at-blueprints-planning-for-a-new-home-boy-girl-mother-father-n1826-har001-hars-sister-juvenile-teamwork-information-sons-joy-lifestyle-females-brothers-home-life-half-length-daughters-inspiration-males-planning-siblings-sisters-blueprints-fathers-bw-dreams-happiness-adventure-african-americans-african-american-choice-dads-excitement-black-ethnicity-direction-at-sibling-cooperation-growth-ideas-juveniles-mid-adult-mid-adult-man-mid-adult-woman-moms-solutions-togetherness-black-and-white-har001-old-fashioned-african-americans-P9YW8W.jpg

83e75385-d603-420e-a329-a53158037577.jpg
]

h.2018.3.06294.jpeg

:wow: Through all of that, we fought our way to some of the best people on Earth.

Look at us now. No Shame, no Pride, no Morals.

Ya'll not tired of being seen as Ratchet, Baby Mommas and Daddies, Thugs? We're better than all of them, but havent been acting like it.

BunchePark

Coli N Calisthenics
Daps
Reppin
Broward
life will happen to everyone

i grew up in a broken family and also grew up broke

that was as a child though with no control

as a man..my family is intact and my pockets are full

still a shyt talking weed smoking ass nikka tho so I guess I'm still growing on that end 😆

MasterThought

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Hip-hop/street culture becoming our biggest representation has a whole lot to do with it amongst other things.

Us owning little to no media means that we literally don't control our own image. Out of all the races, black people consume the most negative and degrading imagery of themselves.

Sagging pants for example was popularized by rappers. It may have started in prisons but it spread via rap. Now you can't go outside without seeing black males sagging their pants like subhumans.

So called "white supremacy" can relax and load manage now because our collective mindset has been programmed via social engineering to think that a destructive and backwards lifestyle is "cool".

Good thread OP but we're such a backwards thinking people that you'll be attacked for it.