In retrospect, Austin Theory shouldn't have lost the MITB Briefcase so soon

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
He never should have won MITB to begin with.

Facts.

But long term wise that dumb ass cash in had zero effect in where we are now, so even stressing over that shyt and fantasy booking different scenarios is pointless as hell.

Ohnoits

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A failed cash in wouldn't have hurt him if they booked the match correctly. Roman is booked as such a strong champion that if Theory took him to the absolute limit or if Roman had to blatantly cheat to retain, then Theory could've easily been made a star. What they did instead probably set him back more.
This is very probable. I just think it was the wrong year for Theory. It feels too soon for him, with the Bloodline storyline with the Usos, Sami, Cody, all in this year...the trajectory may have made more sense before, but I can see why they wanted to get it off of him. Maybe this would have helped but then you still have the same problem of - should he be in the main event right now with all of this going on? My answer still would be no. Upping the prestige of the other titles and having people push for it might be a thing.
Facts.

But long term wise that dumb ass cash in had zero effect in where we are now, so even stressing over that shyt and fantasy booking different scenarios is pointless as hell.
Agreed. Basically ended up in a scenario because MITB is a requirement now and the truth is you don't always have a guy ready for it every year and it just doesn't make sense every time. For Edge it was brilliant, but how often is it just a bad idea?

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
What fuccking hole was he in :laff:

I'm talking about the hole he was put in once he won MITB (he wasn't US Champ since he lost it to Lashley earlier in that event), and the one that got deeper when Reigns ethered him with the "you're daddy's not here any more" line. He was made to look like a fool every time he tried cashing in the money in the bank contract and lost the cash in over a US Title match of all things.

Luckily WWE was able to retcon the situation by having him win the US title at Survivor Series and give him a better reign, but he looked like a total chump for months while holding the briefcase.

Tres Leches

Empire Business
Daps
theory couldve cashed in on Cody sometime in April to setup the next ppv

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
theory couldve cashed in on Cody sometime in April to setup the next ppv
He had a whole year so like til June/July yet we got stupid motherfukkas talking about it was an albatross when that never was the case in past years with anybody else…

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps
Imagine if theory cashed in and won the chip from Roman before we got this incredible ass storyline lol

That’s what you nikkas wanted. Thank god y’all ain’t bookin this shyt
Nah I’d say people rather he just kept it till next MITB or right before it, I don’t think anyone actually wanted him to cash in successfully on Roman prior to Mania :gucci:

They coulda booked some funny ass segments with him constantly trying to cash in and getting his ass whooped before he get the chance. The way they had him cash in was some of the stupidest shyt ever. Especially when he ended up losing the cash in :snoop:

Might as well had him cash in on the 24/7 championship :unimpressed:

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
Nah I’d say people rather he just kept it till next MITB or right before it, I don’t think anyone actually wanted him to cash in successfully on Roman prior to Mania :gucci:

They coulda booked some funny ass segments with him constantly trying to cash in and getting his ass whooped before he get the chance. The way they had him cash in was some of the stupidest shyt ever. Especially when he ended up losing the cash in :snoop:

Might as well had him cash in on the 24/7 championship :unimpressed:
But none of that happened, and we’re here.

Theory vs Cena at mania.

Y’all still being stuck on that is crazy to me. nikka will be universal champion and y’all still gon be stressed about a cash in from 8 years ago lol

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps
But none of that happened, and we’re here.

Theory vs Cena at mania.

Y’all still being stuck on that is crazy to me. nikka will be universal champion and y’all still gon be stressed about a cash in from 8 years ago lol
Aint nuffin like a holier than thou wrestling fan who think you some sort of authority on what opinions are acceptable and what aren’t :bryan:

Some of y’all here really got this elitist view of yourselves :hhh:

NotAnFBIagent

[redacted]
Daps
He was US Champ and holding MITB while coming off of a Wrestlemania rub from Vince & Stone Cold. What fuccking hole was he in :laff:
He was getting go away heat from Vince shoving him down our throats
See Cena and Roman's history

Larry

Indiana's Finest
Daps
Aint nuffin like a holier than thou wrestling fan who think you some sort of authority on what opinions are acceptable and what aren’t :bryan:

Some of y’all here really got this elitist view of yourselves :hhh:
Fam I don’t care what y’all nikkas cry about

I just think y’all like to hear y’all selves talk and sound like dorks crying over spilled milk that the janitors already mopped up