In retrospect, Austin Theory shouldn't have lost the MITB Briefcase so soon

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
If it were up to me I would either drop the MITB concept or add it back to Mania weekend. Then if you win the briefcase you get to face the champion in the following PPV. I don't think winning the MITB has done much for wrestlers winning it

Austin Theory
Big E
The Miz
Otis
Brock Lesnar
Braun Strowman
Baron Corbin
Dean Ambrose
Sheamus

Seth Rollins

Of the last 10 winners (male) only 2 of them actually did something with winning it and the rest were a joke or used it as a quick cash in. Anyways, I think the MITB briefcase does more harm than good since WWE doesn't know how to book it. I think they should change the rule where if you win the briefcase you get to face the champion at the following PPV.

Ohnoits

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why don’t y’all tell me how laveck is a goat booker again after having theory cash in on a midcard title during an OPEN CHALLENGE :laff:
I think he wanted to elevate the title but just wanted to get the MITB off Theory because it was a mistake. Theory just wasn't ready to hold MITB yet...most everyone that gets it cashes it in before or at WM whatever- and is the next world champion. I don't think I would have been into Cody (if he wins it winning and then immediately losing it to Theory and Theory as World champion now, or Theory winning it from Roman prior to WM etc) It just wasn't the right time for him and this was a way to get him out of it

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Tf? He cashes in and wins and becomes a Main Eventer like Edge, like Punk, like Bryan, etc.

Even if he cashed in and lost to Roman at a PLE it still would’ve been a big time Main Event against the top guy.

And they had til July. That’s an instant story for Cody and they already had the setup with Seth telling Theory about the big heist from 2015. If Theory that far away from getting the belt in July he shouldn’t be facing Cena now

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I think he wanted to elevate the title but just wanted to get the MITB off Theory because it was a mistake. Theory just wasn't ready to hold MITB yet...most everyone that gets it cashes it in before or at WM whatever- and is the next world champion. I don't think I would have been into Cody (if he wins it winning and then immediately losing it to Theory and Theory as World champion now, or Theory winning it from Roman prior to WM etc) It just wasn't the right time for him and this was a way to get him out of it

They just did that with Otis though. They only did damage to the briefcase and match

Ohnoits

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They just did that with Otis though. They only did damage to the briefcase and match
I honestly just think they should get rid of MITB. It was exciting in the beginning and creates opportunities to launch guys but it just turns into lazy booking or hot shotting the title onto people at the wrong time or who aren't ready yet. Having it with Roman being such a strong champion has made a fool into everyone who got it

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
A Failed Cash In On Roman Wouldn’t Have Hurt Him, THEN You Shift Your Focus To The US Title

The Cash In On The US Title Was A Terrible Idea

A failed cash in wouldn't have hurt him if they booked the match correctly. Roman is booked as such a strong champion that if Theory took him to the absolute limit or if Roman had to blatantly cheat to retain, then Theory could've easily been made a star. What they did instead probably set him back more.

dh86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I honestly just think they should get rid of MITB. It was exciting in the beginning and creates opportunities to launch guys but it just turns into lazy booking or hot shotting the title onto people at the wrong time or who aren't ready yet. Having it with Roman being such a strong champion has made a fool into everyone who got it

I agree. It killed off Sandow and Corbin chances of being taken seriously and I was actually sad when Big E won it, so it doesn’t serve either

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
Imagine if theory cashed in and won the chip from Roman before we got this incredible ass storyline lol

That’s what you nikkas wanted. Thank god y’all ain’t bookin this shyt

He never should have won MITB to begin with. Vince dug that kid a hole and it took months for him to climb back out of. Austin Theory's only 25 so thankfully for him he has time to put that far in his rearview.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
And they had til July. That’s an instant story for Cody and they already had the setup with Seth telling Theory about the big heist from 2015. If Theory that far away from getting the belt in July he shouldn’t be facing Cena now
Forgot Seth cashed in and won too. Probably the biggest cash in of all time too yet nobody ever said none of that stupid shyt when Seth was carrying the MITB like they did to try and justify HHH fuccking up with Theory

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
He never should have won MITB to begin with. Vince dug that kid a hole and it took months for him to climb back out of. Austin Theory's only 25 so thankfully for him he has time to put that far in his rearview.
He was US Champ and holding MITB while coming off of a Wrestlemania rub from Vince & Stone Cold. What fuccking hole was he in :laff: