In poor earnings report Coinbase announces it will seize users' crypto if it goes bankrupt

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Wouldn't completely say was never replicated. The startup era has had a lot of companies that go years floating by selling investors dreams. It's not as wild or short of a period but very reminiscent to me.

In terms of pure amount of venture capital it was a lot more intense. That sort of money was never put into the market so fast again:

1200px-US_VC_funding.png

Another way of looking at it - when adjusted for inflation it took 18 years for NASDAQ to replicate its dot-com level high, then it immediately dropped off that high again. And that was under a constant growth economy, while I'm not sure our current constant growth economic model is even going to survive through 2040. So crypto folk who think that they can just hold and crypto prices will blow back through their old highs in good time might have another thing coming.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
I had no idea crypto accounts didn't have the usual insurance you get when a bank, investment etc goes under....

Ridiculous. Will the they consider adding crypto?

Nope. Like @adexkola said, the government is the one that backs the banks and they have no reason to give crypto legitimacy like that. And with all the obvious scams, pump-and-dumps, pyramid schemes, etc., why should they?