In My Opinion, Most People Aren’t Transphobic. Transwomen Who Want To Be Viewed The Same As Cisgender Women Are The Problem.

Daps
so, i’d like to first preface this by saying that i’m fully supportive of the trans community, finding the recent movement targeting them to be appalling. trans rights are human rights.

now, with that said, i’m warming to the idea that most people who’re regarded as “transphobic” aren’t.

there’s no denying that there’s significant demographic overlap when it comes to what’s arguably transphobic: republicans and democrats, whites and blacks, rich and poor, etc.

i believe the fundamental reason that transphobia is becoming a mainstream, almost publicly acceptable, form of “hate” is because the trans community takes respect of their identity and defense of their human right to life a step further than the cis community is willing to go.

most cis people, imo, especially those on the left, don’t hate trans people or wish them any harm. in fact, most, although probably ignorant and confused about what it means to be trans, want to understand this new phenomenon (yes, i understand trans people have always existed, but they are only now becoming part of the zeitgeist).

what i think divides the majority of cis people, particularly cisgender males, from the trans community is the latter’s insistence that they be viewed in the same light as their cisgender counterparts.

and, most cisgender men simply aren’t willing to do that. nor, imo, should they have to. and because of that disconnect, cisgender people who would otherwise be strong allies are being painted as “transphobic,” an unfair charge that is creating animosity towards the trans community.

if trans people would stop arguing that they must occupy the same space as their cisgender counterparts in the sphere of dating, their community would face far less transphobia.

:yeshrug:

Charlie Hustle

Light Bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sin City
it-is-maam-its-maam.gif

Did you get checked by a brolic tranny OP? Sounds like you really mean it :dame:

Uncouth Savage

All Star
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY
Speaking as an immigrant from Transylvania, I can say I ponder many strange things.
Tranniz are not one of those things.

Daps
it-is-maam-its-maam.gif

Did you get checked by a brolic tranny OP? Sounds like you really mean it :dame:
nah. i’ve just noticed that this is becoming, on the heels of the hogwarts game hitting shelves, a discussion that’s now taking up significant space in the public square.

i don’t think the debate has been accurately framed, causing confusion that is seen by trans people as hostility, when it’s actually a fundamental misunderstanding requiring a clarification of what the cisgender community thinks.

RickyDiBiase

The Sword of Jesus of Nazareth
Daps
Reppin
Cbus
I just need the LGBTQwhatever the fukk people to back the fukk up off of us like we did something to them. But OP i respect your level headedness to the issue. I think its fair and solid we can have proper and respectable dialogue even when we disagree. Hopefully with this new change of tone brehs like @Ray D’Angelo Harris and others here can live their truth

Thanos

?
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
:manny: The huge issue in the room isn't them, it's that anyone who isn't white, cis, straight basically not normal, treated like terribly. All this erasure talk is funny. How does someone being trans erase or harm you? It's very reminsicent of the current ongoing white panic, that minorities will overrun them and they will be subjected.

Last edited:

Pure Water

Superstar
Daps
trans rights are human rights.
What does this mean? Trans people before the big debate on trans people had human rights. Slogan activism leaves a lot to be desired and leaves a lot for interpretation.

i believe the fundamental reason that transphobia is becoming a mainstream, almost publicly acceptable, form of “hate” is because the trans community takes respect of their identity and defense of their human right to life a step further than the cis community is willing to go.
There's no systematic rule, law, or sentiment to kill trans people. It's hard for people to respect their identity because it's based on how they "feel" and not what they are. They also often show signs of mental illness outside of them thinking they're the opposite sex.
most cis people, imo, especially those on the left, don’t hate trans people or wish them any harm. in fact, most, although probably ignorant and confused about what it means to be trans, want to understand this new phenomenon (yes, i understand trans people have always existed, but they are only now becoming part of the zeitgeist).

what i think divides the majority of cis people, particularly cisgender males, from the trans community is the latter’s insistence that they be viewed in the same light as their cisgender counterparts.

and, most cisgender men simply aren’t willing to do that. nor, imo, should they have to. and because of that disconnect, cisgender people who would otherwise be strong allies are being painted as “transphobic,” an unfair charge that is creating animosity towards the trans community.

if trans people would stop arguing that they must occupy the same space as their cisgender counterparts in the sphere of dating, their community would face far less transphobia.
Most people aren't ignorant to trans people. It's a very easy concept to understand. It's not rocket science. They think they're the opposite sex, and don't feel comfortable in their bodies (Dysphoria) and they believe a sex change or gender reassignment surgery (along with hormones and all that) will help solve their issues. And oftentimes, they do.

Honestly, this whole situation is more about trans-women more than trans-men. No one gives a damn about trans-men because they're not a threat to anyone. What's being asked from trans-women is the invasion of women space, the destruction of their language, and the erasure of women. That's just not something people like to stand for. Trans-women would be in a much better spot in politics, if they'd stop trying to be what they're not.

Also, this is apart of the "destruction of their language" talking point, but "cis" prefix rubs people the wrong way. shyt sounds stupid as hell. It's like LatinX.

OnFleekTing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV
It's gay people one decade

Now this decade its the Trans community

White supremacist pick their targets based on what's easier to demonize

The same reason is behind the hate and its moral panic slash ambivalence for someone different from yourself

If you aren't Trans why do you care? Ask yourself that asap

You aren't the person getting death threats you are on the side of the people causing others to suicide

Women want to protect their agenda but they also traffic that messaging through the same anti gay rhetoric

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
:manny: The huge issue in the room isn't them, it's that anyone who isn't white, cis, straight basically not normal, treated like terribly. All this erasure talk is funny. How does someone being trans erase or harm you? It's very reminsicent of the current ongoing white panic, that minorities will overrun them and they will be subjected.
Here’s the deal.

I’m a woman. XX chromosomes. Female human —female reproductive organs.

I shouldn’t have to refer to myself as a “birthing” person or be called transphobic because I don’t want to see a penis in the women’s locker room at the gym.

It’s like it’s lost on people that transmen literally don’t create a 10th of this ruckus, but the world has to bend over for transwomen. That isn’t odd to anyone??