In honor of the infinity wars upcoming release, rank the MCU movies from worst to best

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Dont known if this has been done already :manny: But since I saw Ragnorok I’ve caught up to all the movies leading up to infinity wars. So just rank the 18 movies and give a sentence or two for your reasoning. Let me kick it off

18) Thor dark World- True story fell both times I watched this movie. Boring paint by the numbers movie following the high of Avengers 1. Worst villain in the MCU. Not even Loki could save this

17) Iron Man 2- Movie felt rushed. They were still trying to figure out how to establish he larger pic with the intro of widow and shield. Whiplash could,have been much better considering his backstory. And the arc reactor and finding the solution to save Tony was truly ludicrous

16) The Incredible Hulk- This movie was ok but extremely forgettable especially in the context of the rest of the universe now. Norton was trying to make banner this two hour character study instead of just turning and hulk smash. Thank God they fired him and Hulk is now an ensemble character

15) Thor- Another fine movie that works well as an origin story but the problem with the first two movies is Hiddleworths completely outshines Hemsworth. The love story does not hold up well either

14) Iron Man- I really like the first half of this movie with Tony being held captive by the terrorist group. Second half is pretty forgettable

13) Iron Man 3- I only ranked this above the OG because the third act is awesome. But the plot is pretty weak and the mandarin twist sucks

12) Avengers Age of Ultron- I think this movie is unfairly hated on because it had to follow the OG. But at its core it’s Just a rehash with a weaker villian(ultron) It felt like a prelude to a much better avengers movie(cap 3). It has acceptable action in the third act but nothing more

11) Dr Strange- Visually the best out the MCU(I can only imagine this on substances) But the story and lead feels to similar to the first iron man

10) Guardians Vol 2- Felt they were trying way to hard to tell a grand story and the result was Pratt character suffering with the convoluted half God shyt. But Drax and Rocket shined. And Yandus character arc is one of the best in the MCU

9) Ant Man- Low key a solid heist action comedy. Rudd brings charm and Pena/Douglas were solid support. Movie didn’t take itself serious at all. Villian was generic and forgettable

8) Captain America First Avenger- Probably the best true origin story. Watching Rogers go from CGI mega mind head on a :flabbynsick: body to an action hero in WW2 was good. His relationship with Carter was belieable unlike other heroes. Red skull was decent but not completely dull. Good movie considering cap is probably the dullest hero out of all the MCU characters.

7) Spider-Man Homecomig- Movie was pure fun. Holland played a great peter Parker. He actually looked like a teen, wasn’t too bogged down with a shytty relationship, and wasn’t a complete nerd. Stark didn’t completely overshadow the movie. Keaton was a good vulture and his character wasn’t the typical trope complete world domination bore but an everyday man trying to provide for his fam. The spider suit was a neat concept. And no fukking origin story finally.

6)Thor Ragnorak-The movie that finally gave character to Hemsworth. I could see some not liking the the nonstop comedy but it worked to me. Great supporting cast. Decent villian.

5) Captain America Civil War- I consider this the true avengers sequel. The main plot is absolutely ludicrous and prevents me from ranking it higher. But the dynamic of cap vs iron man and their differing ideologies, all the heroes picking sides, and the culmination of that legendary airport battle is some of the best action in the MCU

4) Avengers- The one that put it on the map. Third act is some of the best in all of superhero movies. Loki of course shines.

3) Black Panther- The most important marvel movie. Its radically different from the formulaic marvel way and much needed since shyt was kind of getting stale. Strongest characters in all the MCU. Best villian hands down(and it’s debatable if killnonger is that which is why this movie is so excellent). Best locale(Wakanda) Reason it’s at 3 is because killmonger should have been featured more instead of Klaue and the CGI in the third act was kinda wack. This could be higher in retrospective though

2) Guardians of the Galaxy- love this movie. Had no expectations and was completely blown away. Great cast. Soundtrack of course made the movie. Visually stunning. Classic scenes(the intro, the prison break, quill and Gamoras moment) Just a refreshing and different on the heels of dark world and iron man 3. If Thanos forgetable weed carrier wasn’t the main villian this would be number 1

1) Captain America Winter Soldier- Still the best. This movie showed marvel could break away from the typical superhero trope and tell a much deeper, compelling story. The 70s conspiracy political plot was excellent. Bucky as the WS was bad ass. Movie felt much more grounded and balanced then any marvel flick before and after. Thank God the Russo bros are in charge of infinity wars.

Last edited:

Crizzy

U wanted the smoke...u can have it your way
Daps
Reppin
RMFT
Your number one should read winter soldier breh not civil war again

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
1. Black Panther
2. Winter Soldier
3. GotG1
4. Civil War
5. Spider-Man Homecoming
6. Avengers 1
7. Iron Man
8. Thor Ragnarok
9. Ant Man
10. Dr. Strange

The rest aren't worth ranking to me either because I didn't see them, they were forgettable, or they were flat out bad.

Also I'm getting worried that Infinity War will be trash. Seems like too many characters to tell a compelling story in film, and I'm worried it'll just be a light show full of CGI

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Don't think I can rank all 18 but I'll rank the ones that mean something to me.

1. Black Panther
2. Winter Soldier

Are two of my favorite movies of all time.

3. Civil War
4. Avengers
5. Iron Man
6. Spider-Man Homecoming
7. Guardians of the Galaxy 2
8. Guardians of the Galaxy
9. Thor Ragnarok

The rest are either aight or whack.

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
  1. Black Panther
  2. Iron Man
  3. Guardian of the Galaxy
  4. Winter Solider
  5. Avengers
  6. Civil war
  7. Ant man
  8. Spider-Man
  9. Dr strange
  10. Thor Ragnarok
  11. Thor
  12. Age of ultron
  13. Iron man 2
  14. Incredible Hulk
  15. Guardian 2
  16. Thor 2
  17. Iron man 3
  18. Captain America 1

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
  1. Black Panther
  2. Iron Man
  3. Guardian of the Galaxy
  4. Winter Solider
  5. Avengers
  6. Civil war
  7. Ant man
  8. Spider-Man
  9. Dr strange
  10. Thor Ragnarok
  11. Thor
  12. Age of ultron
  13. Iron man 2
  14. Incredible Hulk
  15. Guardian 2
  16. Thor 2
  17. Iron man 3
  18. Captain America 1

I’m curious why you got the first captain America so low?

Panther

Byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang
1. Black Panther
2. Winter Solider
3. The Avengers
4. Guardians of the Galaxy
5. Age of Ultron
6. Iron Man
7. Dr Strange
8. Spider Man
9. Civil War
10. Thor Ragnarok
11. Ant Man
12. Guardians 2
13. Thor 2
14. Iron Man 2
15. Thor
16. Incredible Hulk
17. Captain America 1
18. Iron Man 3

Im sure people will take issue with my lists so ill give my thoughts on a few that may stand out

Age of Ultron: After i rewatched this i enjoyed it a lot more than in theaters. Fleshes out tony vs cap. Introduces Vision who i think is really dope, has an actual villain unlike civil war

Civil War: Again after various rewatches the 2 "most popular" scenes (airport and cap/bucky vs tony) are kinda stupid. Like the airport scene was dope initially cause they were all fighting each other but no one was serious. Iron Man and War Machine spent too much time getting knocked around by people they can beat easily. Same thing with the final fight, iron man's armor was crumbling like aluminum foil, and cap was punching him without the shield and doing damage foh :camby:

Ant man: movie was just meh at best not good but not bad

Cap 1: :zzz: snooze fest

Iron man 3 :smh:

Last edited:

Hejdå

Inactive
Daps
I can't rank these things numerically anymore. All of my top tier picks are all on the same level of replay value . So with that said..

The Worst
Thor: The Dark World

The Good
Thor
Iron Man
Captain America
Iron Man 3
Ant Man
Guardians of the Galaxy 2

The Best
Doctor Strange
Iron Man 2