In hindsight, Vice City may of actually been better than San Andreas

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Vice City had the soundtrack and atmosphere on lock. Not one dull station in that entire lineup.

San Andreas, however, is the better game overall. So ambitious and epic in scope and love how the missions start out small and get waay longer, crazier and insane as the game progressed.

Mr.Black

An Honest Man
Daps
of course it was, based on the music alone motherfukker

saints row and san andreas kind of cancelled each other out

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The atmosphere
The blood on the screen
The Haitian-Cuban war
Vice city is the only time where I actually been SHOOK to drive thru a hood on GTA(them haitians :whew:)

The music fit so perfectly :noah:
as lovely as vice city was. and it was lovely. as you've stated the music the atmosphere. i felt like i was playing thru episodes of miami vice(the original tv series) as well as scarface, carlitos way, etc. which was there intent.

but NOTHING..
let me repeat that...
NOTH--ING
Beats San Andreas

ever single person that says another GTA is better then San An i have to ask you where are you from? have you ever been to L.A. in the 90's?

if you dont live in cali, L.A. specifically, if you have never been here in the 90's you may not understand how on point that game was. see its one thing to reenact a time period non of us were grown enough to really indulge in(i was a kid watching miami vice, i didnt make it florida until i was real grown.. all i knew about miami, the beat, the drugs back in the 80's were from movies and tv. i wasnt there when it really popped off. and even if i was i was to young to know what was going on.

now i was growing up in the HOOD, in the middle of L.A. during the 90's. So what i saw and heard on San Andreas was SPOT ON. i have NEVER... EVER, seen another game capture a time period, a place, a region so well.

from the beginning theme song, all the way thru to the ending was L.A. HOOD LIFE. "what dat grove street Like?"

low low's, 3 real motion, the riots(nuccas running out of stores with tv's in baskets..) the fact you could customize your car like that.(which was a big thing in the 90's for all young car owners. if you had half a dollar you were putting some rims on there or at least throwing the speakers in the trunk.

all the way to getting Jail buff by working out. sure dealing with the girl friend, the homies, staying in shape or getting flabby and sick, eating. was your choice and was difficult. but the fact they put all that in one game. they gave you a glimpse of REAL virtual Life. as i've stated on that other site years ago. i knew this dude i swear they made CJ's story from. dude was from watts too.

i mean they even had each hood down to a T. they just didnt make it B & C's.

i was scared to roll thru the vatos hood on Gta SA. cause i knew if i hopped out the whip. somebody might start dumping ON SIGHT.
and once you dump back or fight back. all of a sudden its 20 vatos rolling up in old school low riders. just like real life Vatos.

again i'm telling from experience. SA is the best by far and their probably will never be anything else that matches it.

the music, the mood, the map being spot on, the hoods being legit. the pedestrians being hood L.A. people. crazy white folks in hollywood. the eclectic white folks in the bay area. i mean you could tag, ride a bike, pop a wheelie( a regular bicycle), base jumping, jet pack, come on now.

then the fact they had Vegas where you could double ya dollars. or lose it all and have to go back home and hustle hard.

nothing... was better then San Andreas.

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
nah its san andreas breh....cant pick playing scarface over playing menace II society/Boyz n the hood, plus a nicca would take a copter up the highest it could go over a ocean and just jump from that bytch like :ahh::wow:
as lovely as vice city was. and it was lovely. as you've stated the music the atmosphere. i felt like i was playing thru episodes of miami vice(the original tv series) as well as scarface, carlitos way, etc. which was there intent.

but NOTHING..
let me repeat that...
NOTH--ING
Beats San Andreas

ever single person that says another GTA is better then San An i have to ask you where are you from? have you ever been to L.A. in the 90's?

if you dont live in cali, L.A. specifically, if you have never been here in the 90's you may not understand how on point that game was. see its one thing to reenact a time period non of us were grown enough to really indulge in(i was a kid watching miami vice, i didnt make it florida until i was real grown.. all i knew about miami, the beat, the drugs back in the 80's were from movies and tv. i wasnt there when it really popped off. and even if i was i was to young to know what was going on.

now i was growing up in the HOOD, in the middle of L.A. during the 90's. So what i saw and heard on San Andreas was SPOT ON. i have NEVER... EVER, seen another game capture a time period, a place, a region so well.

from the beginning theme song, all the way thru to the ending was L.A. HOOD LIFE. "what dat grove street Like?"

low low's, 3 real motion, the riots(nuccas running out of stores with tv's in baskets..) the fact you could customize your car like that.(which was a big thing in the 90's for all young car owners. if you had half a dollar you were putting some rims on there or at least throwing the speakers in the trunk.

all the way to getting Jail buff by working out. sure dealing with the girl friend, the homies, staying in shape or getting flabby and sick, eating. was your choice and was difficult. but the fact they put all that in one game. they gave you a glimpse of REAL virtual Life. as i've stated on that other site years ago. i knew this dude i swear they made CJ's story from. dude was from watts too.

i mean they even had each hood down to a T. they just didnt make it B & C's.

i was scared to roll thru the vatos hood on Gta SA. cause i knew if i hopped out the whip. somebody might start dumping ON SIGHT.
and once you dump back or fight back. all of a sudden its 20 vatos rolling up in old school low riders. just like real life Vatos.

again i'm telling from experience. SA is the best by far and their probably will never be anything else that matches it.

the music, the mood, the map being spot on, the hoods being legit. the pedestrians being hood L.A. people. crazy white folks in hollywood. the eclectic white folks in the bay area. i mean you could tag, ride a bike, pop a wheelie( a regular bicycle), base jumping, jet pack, come on now.

then the fact they had Vegas where you could double ya dollars. or lose it all and have to go back home and hustle hard.

nothing... was better then San Andreas.

Im fron LA

but lets keep it real

No hood in San Andreas was more dangerous to drive thru than little haiti

rapbeats

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Im fron LA

but lets keep it real

No hood in San Andreas was more dangerous to drive thru than little haiti
not true. go thru that vatos hood by the over pass. i made that mistake a few times. they would blast on SIGHT. no lie. i remember one time i rolled thru there on a motor bike. messed around and fell off on top of a small hill. couldnt find the back after it slid. so i'm on foot. i get in a vato mobile. they see me. start blasting, driving after me. it happened again. pure accident i made a wrong turn on the fwy. ended up back in that hood again. carless. walking down the street. "ay ese" 1 dude starts swinging on me. i give him the 2 piece. here comes 2 more vatos. 3 more, 10. cars rolling up like crazy. i 'm running on foot, getting lit up by bullets. i didnt even make it out of that one. tried to turn the corner and got "RICKY'd from Boyz in da hood"

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
not true. go thru that vatos hood by the over pass. i made that mistake a few times. they would blast on SIGHT. no lie. i remember one time i rolled thru there on a motor bike. messed around and fell off on top of a small hill. couldnt find the back after it slid. so i'm on foot. i get in a vato mobile. they see me. start blasting, driving after me. it happened again. pure accident i made a wrong turn on the fwy. ended up back in that hood again. carless. walking down the street. "ay ese" 1 dude starts swinging on me. i give him the 2 piece. here comes 2 more vatos. 3 more, 10. cars rolling up like crazy. i 'm running on foot, getting lit up by bullets. i didnt even make it out of that one. tried to turn the corner and got "RICKY'd from Boyz in da hood"
:rudy: I used to drive thru Vatos hoods and start dumpin for fun

But when I played Little Haiti i was legit SHOOK. I didnt even drive thru there for missions, i used to take the long way jus so i could avoid it :whoa: