In hindsight, Vice City may of actually been better than San Andreas

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
Vice City did a better job at absorbing you into the time/world/city and you really felt like it was the 80s. I enjoyed it more; as deep as San Andreas was, Vice City really made you feel like you were living Miami Vice and Scarface all at once. San Andreas got close to the Menace/boyz lifestyle but Vice City was on another level.

Last edited:

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
Vice City did a better job at absorbing you into the time/world/city and you really felt like it was the 80s. I enjoyed it more; as deep as San Andreas was, Vice City really made you feel like you were living Miami Vice and Scarface all at once. San Andreas got close to the Menace/boyz lifestyle but San Andreas was on another level.
Yea I think this is what I meant.
While San Andreas had alottt of shyt to do. When I played vice city I literally felt like I was living in 1984 miami. shyt is crazy, I never seen a game capture a atmosphere like vice city did.

I got a question tho, since San Andreas had a black character, do you think it would have been as succesful if they didnt add all those other options to the game. Ex: Tattoos, dying ur hair, jetpacks etc...
In a way I feel like they only added that shyt because the character was black and they knew these closet racist wouldnt really fucc wit the game for long unless they added 100 orther things to it.
Its a reason we havent seen any of that shyt back in other gta games, jus sayin

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
Yea I think this is what I meant.
While San Andreas had alottt of shyt to do. When I played vice city I literally felt like I was living in 1984 miami. shyt is crazy, I never seen a game capture a atmosphere like vice city did.

I got a question tho, since San Andreas had a black character, do you think it would have been as succesful if they didnt add all those other options to the game. Ex: Tattoos, dying ur hair, jetpacks etc...
In a way I feel like they only added that shyt because the character was black and they knew these closet racist wouldnt really fucc wit the game for long unless they added 100 orther things to it.
Its a reason we havent seen any of that shyt back in other gta games, jus sayin
I really don't think that would've made a difference if they hadn't...being a 1990's gangbanger is "cool" in its own right. Its not like racist guys were playing the game out of spite. Playing as an O-dog or Kain, Eazy-E or Doughboy type charactor is pop-culture cool and was its own draw to people of all race in america.

Nobody bought the game because they could get tatted and die their hair and stuff. It was because you got to live in the game like an NWA music video.

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Vice city played out like a movie better, but San Andreas felt alot more complete with what you can do.

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
I really don't think that would've made a difference if they hadn't...being a 1990's gangbanger is "cool" in its own right. Its not like racist guys were playing the game out of spite. Playing as an O-dog or Kain, Eazy-E or Doughboy type charactor is pop-culture cool and was its own draw to people of all race in america.

Nobody bought the game because they could get tatted and die their hair and stuff. It was because you got to live in the game like an NWA music video.
True that. I guess you're right, considered thats how those fakkits got me to buy that wack ass saints row 2, by playing a Eazy E song on the commercial

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
In vice city i just like the tanks....blowing up cars as they pass by :wow:
For me it was the slowmotion scene shots when you'd jump off of big buildings or stairs in a motorcycle or lamborghini.

I used to time it just right the music...hop in the Lambo, and hit the jump RIGHT when the music was like "MOTORRINNN!!! WHATS YOUR PRICE FOR FLIIIIGGGHTT!??" on that Night ranger swag :mj:

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
nah its san andreas breh....cant pick playing scarface over playing menace II society/Boyz n the hood, plus a nicca would take a copter up the highest it could go over a ocean and just jump from that bytch like :ahh::wow:

Bruce Wayne

THE GODDAMN BILLIONAIRE
Daps
Reppin
Gotham City
I remember those Haitians straight pulling me out of the Car and kicking my ass but in III it was a Huge Threat to be in The Hood for The Italians because they had Shotguns and if your Car wasn't The Bulletproof Patriot, 3 Shots and you were fukked.

Vercettie was a Better Character than CJ though, I wasn't really feeling the whole Gangbang Lifestyle like I thought I would. Plus I didn't like the Graphics for San Andreas as much as I did for 3, for some reason 3's Graphics were Piff to me.:yeshrug:

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
Driving around at night by the beach while billie jean plays :ohlawd: Then shooting up the haitian crack mansion to Wanna Be Startin Something