Daps
yes.....yes it was, can anyone hook up an emulator? I wanna play Shenmue

smoove157

Never Ever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Dreamcast was ahead of it's time but it did NOT have better graphics than Xbox the fukk is wrong with you?

And the controllers are kind of comparable, Xbox clearly took after the Dreamcast controller but so did a lot of other consoles. They were both big and clunky but Dreamcast had the memory unit in the middle which made it a litte clunkier and harder to hold

the memory unit didnt affect how you held the controller at all. that was one of the better controllers ever. dope triggers, d-pad and analog stick were both in great positions.

as far as better graphics, definitely not. it sucks but, i think a good amount of people on this forum were responsible for the console getting killed so early. i know i take some responsibility.

Knights89

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
skies of arcadia, soul calibur, sonic, 2k games, etc

my favorite system of all time

Mr.Black

An Honest Man
Daps
dc was so underrated because ps2 came through and crushed the buildings, but if you got a dc before like november 2000 or some shyt you could play bootlegs with no hassle

i loved all those fighting games on dc, mvc, sf, darkstalkers,plus the 2k series jumped off on it.

Last edited:

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
lets see here:

KOTOR
HALO AND HALO 2
Max Payne 1 and 2
Shenmue 2 with upgraded graphics
Madden and EA games

negative

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
lets see here:

KOTOR
HALO AND HALO 2
Max Payne 1 and 2
Shenmue 2 with upgraded graphics
Madden and EA games

negative
We biggn up EA when DC had the 3 year run with some of the GOAT 2K games?

And having Shenmue 1 & 2 with Japanese dubs>>>

DC was better just because all of the classics that dropped in such a short period, plus the innovations that birthed the Xbox in the first place.

Now if we talking Modded OGs, that's a different story :banderas:

stepbackj34spud

Top 75 All-Time
Daps
Reppin
BK
Me neither my nikka, me neither :salute:

I was the nikka on the block that had every Xbox game :noah:
Those days use to be so fun. Xbox magazine being delivered every month. :noah:
Getting addicted to halo 2 online :noah :
These PS2 nikkas had no idea what they were missing.
This thread is blasphemous tbh. I've owned dreamcast and the OG Xbox.. This isnt a close comparison in any category.

Ayo

SOHH 2001
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in MIA
Soon as I read "better graphics" I recognized this thread for what it was....nostalgic bullshyt.

It's just like when the McRib goes away, after a few years there are idiots out there calling it the GOAT sandwich.

I liked the Dreamcast as much as the next guy...and I was one of the few who actually bought my games..but the XBOX in the long run was a much better system.

What I will say though is that nostalgia wise...the Dreamcast gives me better memories than my XBOX. My XBOX was basically a Halo (series) and NFL2K5 machine. And GTA somewhere in there.