"I'm tryna to put atleast 100 rappers in jail before I die"- Charleston White

Brolic

High Value Poster
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
false.
I-by-Kendrick-Lamar.jpg

Kendrick and other conscious rappers never say rappers/gang members who terrorize the community need to be locked up.

Daps
Kendrick and other conscious rappers never say rappers/gang members who terrorize the community need to be locked up.

because they take a less antagonistic approach.. try to influence unity and peace between them. locking up hasn't solved the problem. it's a million gangsters of all communities in jail right now.
gotta solve the underlying issues in society, not slap a bandaid on the content that is a by product of it.

Brolic

High Value Poster
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
because they take a less antagonistic approach. locking up hasn't solved the problem. it's a million gangsters in jail right now.
gotta solve the underlying issues, not the content that is a by product of it.

And one of the underlying reasons is that people think it’s cool and view rappers like King Von as a hero.

Daps
And one of the underlying reasons is that people think it’s cool and view rappers like King Von as a hero.

king von aint doing kendrick numbers :mjlol:
so it's probably more probable that people just think they have no other way out of the hell society is giving them.
it's like someone posted. yall like to focus on low hanging fruit. maybe because it's more cool to be antagonistic online than actual get out and mentor someone, lobby your local politicians, etc. i get it, politic and activism aint for everybody :yeshrug: that's why i don't blame artists when they don't do it but in reality the j coles and kendricks are the most popular and they try.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Obviously he is speaking about the rappers doing crime. If you arent doing crime as a rapper how would he be able to send you to jail? Those professions aren’t influencing the culture but I see where you’re going
I hope it's obvious.

"Rapper" is code word for black thug. Whether they actually are signed to a deal, sell records, do shows.

Any black person who has ever had a soundcloud or YouTube with them rapping even if it only has 7 views is a "Rapper" but if they have a YouTube of them showing plumbing tutorials they aren't called a plumber, if they have videos of them fishing, they aren't called a fisherman, or hunting videos they aren't called a hunter, playing country music or rock music they aren't called a "aspiring country music star" or "rock artist" or even "band member".

I don't believe its 'obvious' but maybe I'm triggered.

Paradoxical Tiger

Head Youngin of CatSet
Daps
It ain’t even been a month since that Memphis nikka was running around killing innocent hard working black people WHILE listening to the music that this man is advocating against, and here y’all go finding reason to hate on him like he’s in the wrong. Ain’t no damn way this is a pro black site.