I''m sorry but 90's boxing > Boxing in the 70's

BaRRyG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NyC
what is u talking bout?

Lewis would put the beats on ali, tyson would put the beats on fraizer like he did his son, holyfield would beat foreman like he did in the 90's.

Im tired of people hyping these old ass nikkas.

:pacspit:

glass jaw lewis would of got knocked the fukk out by ali's jab alone, and larry holmes would of made lewis retire with his jab. Lewis was a horrible fighter, but pretty good boxer.

BaRRyG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NyC
Here is the problem I have with this idea: there were too many big fights in the 90s that should've happened but never did (or happened only when one or both fighters were washed up)

We should have seen Lennox Lewis vs Riddikk Bowe in 93-94

We should have seen Holyfield vs Tyson in 90-92

We should have seen Holyfield vs Lewis well before 1999

We should have seen Tyson vs Lewis in 1996 rather than 2002 when Tyson was a joke

In the 70s, almost all the big names fought each other, and they fought each other when it mattered

I wanted it to happen right after bowe holyfield 1 he should of beat the brakes off lewis and sent that bum ass nikka into early retirement

Lewis Black

Superstar
Daps
Great post breh...

No doubt about it the lower weights in the 90's definitely had more talented fighters but this fool ass TS before he stole your post word for word was only talking about heavyweights...

Talking some dumb shyt about Tyson and Holyfield wooping Frazier and Foreman...:smh:

Every boxing head knows the HW division been basura since the mid 80's...The last truly great HW champ was Larry Holmes...None of them other cats after Larry could of held a title in the 70's...Tyson, Lennox, Holyfield, Bowe, Tua...Earnie Shavers and Kenny Norton would have wooped every single one of their asses...

Delusional.

Tyson would have put foreman in a coma.

Kobes Two Jerseys

8 or 24 best player of the era
Daps
Reppin
Fistful of jewels
Who says I don't know about them? You? Boxing isn't just the heavyweights. That's all you base your point on. Three big names. Then, you guys get called out on it, so you name other heavyweights.

You didn't. You limited boxing to the three names you listed. No one called me out. I called out how you dumbed down the 70's to three names.[/QUOTE]

I didn't dumb down anything. I mentioned the names that were being thrown around by other posters. Ali, Joe and George. If anything, they dumbed it down and I called them on it.

mitter

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I wanted it to happen right after bowe holyfield 1 he should of beat the brakes off lewis and sent that bum ass nikka into early retirement

Yeah, that's when that fight should have happened. Two big, skilled guys and rematch of their olympic fight. Would have been awesome

Riddikk Bowe had so much potential. A shame he couldn't stay away from the refrigerator. He could have been truly great. In any case, all of his fights with Holyfield were classics. The 10th round of their first fight is one of the greatest in all of boxing.

I thought Bowe would have beat up Lewis in 93 if he was properly motivated and in shape.

mitter

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The 90's had a lot of could've been great heavyweights. You had a shytload of dudes who never won titles or reached their potential.

Donovan "Razor" Ruddock vs Michael Dokes / Part 4 - YouTube

:damn: at that KO shot. I still dont know how Razor Ruddock never won a title

Ike Ibeabuchi was another one that could've been great. LMAO he had Chris Byrd knocked into another dimension

Ike Ibeabuchi vs, Chris Byrd (part 3 of 4) - YouTube

Ruddock was never the same after his two fights with Tyson.

We didn't get to really find out how much those fights took out of Tyson.

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
I prefer 80's boxing cuz I grew up watching it and it was all around better IMO.

But I agree the 70's heavyweights were better. The heavyweight division had so much potential...

Riddikk Bowe
Razor Ruddock
Tommy Morrison

I could keep naming guys, but those are the 3 main suspects.

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
what is u talking bout?

Lewis would put the beats on ali, tyson would put the beats on fraizer like he did his son, holyfield would beat foreman like he did in the 90's.

Im tired of people hyping these old ass nikkas.

:snoop:

Oroko Saki

The Shredder
Daps
Delusional.

Tyson would have put foreman in a coma.

http://coxscorner.tripod.com/foreman_tyson_fl.html

While we were eating, Benton said, "Bobby, what's up with Foreman and Tyson, how come they're not fighting each other on the 16th? Isn't that the fight that King was trying to make?" He said, "Georgie, You'll never believe this but, fukkin' Tyson is scared shyt less of Foreman and wants no part of him. I was there when Don was trying to make the fight. He was telling Tyson that Foreman represented huge money, plus he was old and slow and would be no problem. Tyson got up and screamed at King saying, 'I'm not fight in' that fukkin' animal, if you love the motherfukker so much, you fight him!'"

Goodman stated that Tyson said Foreman was much better than people thought, and was a dangerous fight for any of the top heavyweights. Goodman proceeded to explain how Tyson was calling Foreman a big con man, and explained that the grandpop act was just a front. He said Tyson saw Foreman as trying to set up the boxing world into thinking he was a pushover, knowing that he really wasn't. Tyson said Foreman was a wolf in sheep's clothing. Goodman continued to say that after seeing Tyson's response to King trying to push him into a fight with Foreman, he had no doubt that Tyson had fear of Foreman. He also said that from that point on, he felt that if Foreman and Tyson ever fought, Foreman would knock Tyson out!

Throughout the lunch Goodman, Duva, Benton, and myself shared stories and thoughts on the fight game. Out of the blue Goodman said, "Oh I remember why else Tyson wanted no parts of Foreman. He said that King had found out from Steve Lott that Tyson and Cus D'Amato used to watch the Frazier-Foreman fight over and over." He continued saying that Tyson loved that fight because he was awed by Foreman's power and Frazier's toughness and how he kept getting up after every knockdown. He also said that Lott told King that Cus sat alongside Tyson saying, "It's suicide against Foreman if you're short and fight a swarming attacking style like Marciano or Frazier," never figuring that Foreman could be a possible Tyson opponent down the road. He said that Cus said the only fighters who had a chance against Foreman were, tall rangy fighters who could fight him from a distance while moving away from him, and no way any swarmer could beat Foreman by going to him.

George Foreman was to Tyson what Cassius Clay was to Sonny Liston

Tyson put the beats on prime Fraizer ? :scusthov:
I think he would have in my opinion. Tyson was stronger and faster...one thing thats for sure, somebody would be gettin knocked the fukk out

Renzo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
http://coxscorner.tripod.com/foreman_tyson_fl.html

George Foreman was to Tyson what Cassius Clay was to Sonny Liston

I think he would have in my opinion. Tyson was stronger and faster...one thing thats for sure, somebody would be gettin knocked the fukk out

Tyson scared of old fat foreman? the reason that fight never happened was tyson had nothing to gain from beating foreman while foreman had everything from beating tyson. Foreman spent most of his comeback getting beat up or fighting a bunch of nobodies while tyson had his eyes on getting the title back, besides even if tyson had took the fight and won, his detractors would have found a way to discredit it like any of his accomplishments, ''foremans was old, fat, slow,''etc

Whitty Hutton

these posters are TRASH
Daps
Reppin
retired
Tyson scared of old fat foreman? the reason that fight never happened was tyson had nothing to gain from beating foreman while foreman had everything from beating tyson. Foreman spent most of his comeback getting beat up or fighting a bunch of nobodies while tyson had his eyes on getting the title back, besides even if tyson had took the fight and won, his detractors would have found a way to discredit it like any of his accomplishments, ''foremans was old, fat, slow,''etc

Just like when he fought :flabbynsick:, huh?