I''m sorry but 90's boxing > Boxing in the 70's

Knights89

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The last few post are like an old school wrestling pose contest to begin the match and get the crowd into it lol

Hulk Hogan vs. Lex Luger

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Pick the best of the 70's? I would still be right.

The heavyweight division was ass in the 90s compared to the 70's. Especially skills wise. Bums like Michael Moorer and Rahman being champs are ridiculous.

Lewis Black

Superstar
Daps
The heavyweight division was ass in the 90s compared to the 70's. Especially skills wise. Bums like Michael Moorer and Rahman being champs are ridiculous.

Heavyweight divis in the 90's > Hev division in the 70's

It is what it is.

AlbertPullhoez

The Takeover
Daps
Reppin
Deuce Dime, TX
The 90's had a lot of could've been great heavyweights. You had a shytload of dudes who never won titles or reached their potential.

:damn: at that KO shot. I still dont know how Razor Ruddock never won a title

Ike Ibeabuchi was another one that could've been great. LMAO he had Chris Byrd knocked into another dimension

Last edited by a moderator:
Daps
Reppin
NULL
fukk is u talking about? lol u must be super dikk rider for the 70's if u think they had better physiques

120611_822612060.jpg

4101853344_bc5f69a881.jpg

mike-tyson1.jpg

imgres

vs

joe-fraizer.jpg

muhammad-ali.jpg

Earnie_Shavers.jpg

Muscular definition has nothing to do with the sweet science. Advances in training and nutrition may have some of the current boxers more defined physically, but that does not mean they are better boxers...........

Kobes Two Jerseys

8 or 24 best player of the era
Daps
Reppin
Fistful of jewels
[Rebel]Just because you know nothing about Earnie Shavers, Ron Lyle, Ken Norton, Jimmy Ellis and others doesn't make the 70's overrated.[/QUOTE]

Who says I don't know about them? You? Boxing isn't just the heavyweights. That's all you base your point on. Three big names. Then, you guys get called out on it, so you name other heavyweights.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
[Rebel]Just because you know nothing about Earnie Shavers, Ron Lyle, Ken Norton, Jimmy Ellis and others doesn't make the 70's overrated.

Who says I don't know about them? You? Boxing isn't just the heavyweights. That's all you base your point on. Three big names. Then, you guys get called out on it, so you name other heavyweights.[/QUOTE]

You didn't. You limited boxing to the three names you listed. No one called me out. I called out how you dumbed down the 70's to three names.

mitter

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Here is the problem I have with this idea: there were too many big fights in the 90s that should've happened but never did (or happened only when one or both fighters were washed up)

We should have seen Lennox Lewis vs Riddikk Bowe in 93-94

We should have seen Holyfield vs Tyson in 90-92

We should have seen Holyfield vs Lewis well before 1999

We should have seen Tyson vs Lewis in 1996 rather than 2002 when Tyson was a joke

In the 70s, almost all the big names fought each other, and they fought each other when it mattered

mitter

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It is my dude. Just these people and nostalgia.

A lot of the heavyweights in the 70's would of got murdered if they faced a 90's heavyweight

Yeah, that must be why guys from the 70s were fighting competitively in the 90s at 40+ years of age

George Foreman won the title at age 45 in 1994

Larry Holmes beat up Ray Mercer (a top contender at the time), and then gave Holyfield a competitive fight for the title

But I'm sure the 25 year-old Foreman and 29 year-old Holmes from the 70s would get murdered if they fought a 90s heavyweight

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
Everybody about to come through here with negs and 1 stars but you can make a case that the 90's era of boxing was better than the 70's. He just didnt put together a legit case at all

But in the 90's you had: Lewis, Holyfield, Bowe, Tyson in the heavyweights. Then you had HOFers in the lower weight classes Sweet Pea, RJJ, James Toney, Julio Cesar Chavez, De La Hoya, Trinidad, Hopkins

You had your power punching KO artists like: Julian Jackson, Razor Ruddock, Gerald McClellan. You had stars overseas like Nigel Benn and Chris Eubank. You had dudes with blinding speed and skill like Meldrick Taylor and Terry Norris

You had the lower weight classes start getting some shine with dudes like Michael Carbajal, Humberto Gonzales, Erik Morales, Marco Antonio Barrera, Kennedy McKinney, Junior Jones, Prince Naseem

So yeah i'd roll with the 90's era over the 70's but you really cant go wrong with either one
Great post breh...

No doubt about it the lower weights in the 90's definitely had more talented fighters but this fool ass TS before he stole your post word for word was only talking about heavyweights...

Talking some dumb shyt about Tyson and Holyfield wooping Frazier and Foreman...:smh:

Every boxing head knows the HW division been basura since the mid 80's...The last truly great HW champ was Larry Holmes...None of them other cats after Larry could of held a title in the 70's...Tyson, Lennox, Holyfield, Bowe, Tua...Earnie Shavers and Kenny Norton would have wooped every single one of their asses...