I''m sorry but 90's boxing > Boxing in the 70's

Lewis Black

Superstar
Daps
People always talk about the 70's but truly the 90's was the goat era for boxing.

But in the 90's you had: Lewis, Holyfield, Bowe, Tyson in the heavyweights. Then you had HOFers in the lower weight classes Sweet Pea, RJJ, James Toney, Julio Cesar Chavez, De La Hoya, Trinidad, Hopkins

You had your power punching KO artists like: Julian Jackson, Razor Ruddock, Gerald McClellan. You had stars overseas like Nigel Benn and Chris Eubank. You had dudes with blinding speed and skill like Meldrick Taylor and Terry Norris

You had the lower weight classes start getting some shine with dudes like Michael Carbajal, Humberto Gonzales, Erik Morales, Marco Antonio Barrera, Kennedy McKinney, Junior Jones, Prince Naseem

So yeah i'd roll with the 90's era over the 70's but you really cant go wrong with either one

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
200x200px-ZC-13ae0549_350x700px-LL-837ec847_garycoleman-wtf.gif

Lewis Black

Superstar
Daps
trying to be different posters are annoying.

what is u talking bout?

Bums ? You mean like Fraizer, Foreman, .....never mind.

:ld:

Lewis would put the beats on ali, tyson would put the beats on fraizer like he did his son, holyfield would beat foreman like he did in the 90's.

Im tired of people hyping these old ass nikkas.

Suiken

What time it is?
Daps
Reppin
PH
Says the guy who's avatar got KTFO by a bum named Hassim Rahman :russ:

AlbertPullhoez

The Takeover
Daps
Reppin
Deuce Dime, TX
Everybody about to come through here with negs and 1 stars but you can make a case that the 90's era of boxing was better than the 70's. He just didnt put together a legit case at all

But in the 90's you had: Lewis, Holyfield, Bowe, Tyson in the heavyweights. Then you had HOFers in the lower weight classes Sweet Pea, RJJ, James Toney, Julio Cesar Chavez, De La Hoya, Trinidad, Hopkins

You had your power punching KO artists like: Julian Jackson, Razor Ruddock, Gerald McClellan. You had stars overseas like Nigel Benn and Chris Eubank. You had dudes with blinding speed and skill like Meldrick Taylor and Terry Norris

You had the lower weight classes start getting some shine with dudes like Michael Carbajal, Humberto Gonzales, Erik Morales, Marco Antonio Barrera, Kennedy McKinney, Junior Jones, Prince Naseem

So yeah i'd roll with the 90's era over the 70's but you really cant go wrong with either one

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Everybody about to come through here with negs and 1 stars but you can make a case that the 90's era of boxing was better than the 70's. He just didnt put together a legit case at all

i can respect this post :obama:

Oroko Saki

The Shredder
Daps

I agree with this thread off the strength of this post

My 5 all time favorite boxers (James Toney, BHop, Roy Jones, Floyd Money and Pernell Whitaker) are all from the 90's. I mean I cant fully count Floyd, he didnt debut until 96 but only a closed minded fakkit would say the 70's were undeniably better.

Kobes Two Jerseys

8 or 24 best player of the era
Daps
Reppin
Fistful of jewels

:lawd:

You just crushed buildings. Solid, solid effort. Funny thing is, those saying the topic is crazy, only have three names to go on. Ali, Frazier, Foreman. Come to think about it, 70s just may be overrated as fukk.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
:lawd:

You just crushed buildings. Solid, solid effort. Funny thing is, those saying the topic is crazy, only have three names to go on. Ali, Frazier, Foreman. Come to think about it, 70s just may be overrated as fukk.

Just because you know nothing about Earnie Shavers, Ron Lyle, Ken Norton, Jimmy Ellis and others doesn't make the 70's overrated.

Lewis Black

Superstar
Daps

:gladbron: Thank u for wording it better.