I'm sick of weaves on our women.. go natural ya'll

Gus Money

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Really? For me it's the opposite. Now that I wear my hair big, I get much more attention (from the type of man I wanna attract anyways).
Definitely keep it big, especially if it looks like the pic in your avatar.

• Dap
Reactions: TBD

SouthernBelle

#Feyonce
Daps
Really? For me it's the opposite. Now that I wear my hair big, I get much more attention (from the type of man I wanna attract anyways).

I get attention both ways, but it's usually more and from different types of guys when it's straight. I get attention from natural hair lovers and long/straight hair lovers when it's straight. I definitely tend to prefer the guys that I attract with my natural hair since I rarely wear it straight (I refuse to damage my hair just because a man doesn't like natural hair).

zayk35

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Escondido California
My wife killed off her perm in 03 it was :huhldup: for about 8mos to a yr... then all the perm went away and the breakage that comes with ...now she got that natural do anything to it hair which I think is the sexiest thing ever ..can have a bonafide fro one day and then the curly thing the next :win:

Niki

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town!
I went without a relaxer for about a year and just straightened my hair with heat, but after a while the constant heat did far more damage than good so I went back to the relaxer. I don't wear weaves because I personally don't like the way they look. I just keep my hair short with a bang and tapered on the sides.

My hair is VERY coarse and thick and when in its natural state it is incredibly hard to manage. I don't care how easy it is for some women to go natural, my texture would demand far more time and training for me to be able to rock a natural doo without looking like Blanka from Street Fighter.

TBD

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I went without a relaxer for about a year and just straightened my hair with heat, but after a while the constant heat did far more damage than good so I went back to the relaxer. I don't wear weaves because I personally don't like the way they look. I just keep my hair short with a bang and tapered on the sides.

My hair is VERY coarse and thick and when in its natural state it is incredibly hard to manage. I don't care how easy it is for some women to go natural, my texture would demand far more time and training for me to be able to rock a natural doo without looking like Blanka from Street Fighter.
May I ask what you found hard to manage? Because my hair is very thick, kinky and coarse as well and managing my hair has never been easier. Although I admit, it did take me about 1-2 years before I figured out what my hair likes and doesn't like.

Niki

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town!
May I ask what you found hard to manage? Because my hair is very thick, kinky and coarse as well and managing my hair has never been easier. Although I admit, it did take me about 1-2 years before I figured out what my hair likes and doesn't like.
When it's natural, it coils so tightly that it becomes incredibly hard to comb and the volume of my hair makes it protrude in a Don King look. No matter how much conditioner, moisturizer or oil that I put in it, it is consistently dry and brittle. I can put oil in it and hours later it's as if nothing was ever put in it.

All this being said, I am open to becoming natural because I am honestly tired of relaxing my hair and sleeping pretty when I get these intricate doos. lol I just need to know what to do to make it manageable, because I obviously have not been successful in my attempts.

Here in Chicago they have been promoting an experiment for black women to go from relaxed to natural called "I AM HARRIET". It really has me considering giving up the creamy crack. lol

TBD

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
When it's natural, it coils so tightly that it becomes incredibly hard to comb and the volume of my hair makes it protrude in a Don King look. No matter how much conditioner, moisturizer or oil that I put in it, it is consistently dry and brittle. I can put oil in it and hours later it's as if nothing was ever put in it.

All this being said, I am open to becoming natural because I am honestly tired of relaxing my hair and sleeping pretty when I get these intricate doos. lol I just need to know what to do to make it manageable, because I obviously have not been successful in my attempts.

Here in Chicago they have been promoting an experiment for black women to go from relaxed to natural called "I AM HARRIET". It really has me considering giving up the creamy crack. lol
Hun, check your pm :smile:.

KTD2

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Non-natural doesn't always = weave city. I'm not natural but have never worn a weave in my life (nor am I bald, thinning, breaking, etc.)

BossIAm

Sit Down!
Daps
Their needs to be sort of exposé on weave because I'm sure there is probably a shady underside to the business of how it is obtained that would scare many from wearing it. They would have seconds thought if it is found out much of it comes from animals, forcefully taken from women and kids, or farmed from dead people, ect.

That said I have no real problems with weave but I wish more black women would rock low cuts or get rid of them entirely.

And you ever notice how chicks that wear their real hair seem to mostly get with white dudes?:why:

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
Non-natural doesn't always = weave city. I'm not natural but have never worn a weave in my life (nor am I bald, thinning, breaking, etc.)

I prefer you the way you're :hug:

ChocolateCake

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
in Allah hand
i don't wear weave but AT THE SAME DAMN TIME, i go through ish to make it look good... us females like to look good, so if we get weave to let are hair go so let it be!! we all have beauty in different ways!

WHIPPEDCream

♔Evil Queen.
Daps
Reppin
The Seven Five
hair-extensions-before-and-after-photo.jpg

YASSS.I love her weaved.

73496034.gif