9/10* for me, bumped up because of the soundtrack, yes I admit it :to:
Makeup scene with the mirror transition is fire too :ohlawd:

dem bath salts

To be reckoned with
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Broward
I liked it because it was slow and different. Gorgeous cinematography and soundtrack. Not a great movie, but for lack of a better term, it was just cool:yeshrug:

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
The boy Gawdsling really stomped dude's face to mush with them Stacey Adams boots
mysmilie_4041.gif

Wise

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It was visually appealing and directed well, and this is coming from someone who doesn't look at the camera work as one of the main things. Also, the music was great too. It was cool that it was different but that itself doesn't make the movie a "classic".

But I couldn't stand Ryan Gosling's character. He didn't speak, at least when you go to a silent movie you know what you're going into. They made him not speak for the most obvious reason that he is "mysterious". Well the fact he had no backstory or friends is enough to sustain that in him. Did anyone find his character somewhat similar to The Place Beyond Pines?

Overrated overall. I get the feeling that with the director, either you'll love his films or hate em. I didn't know he directed Bronson which I thought was great.

6.5/10

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
It's a flick you admire for the visuals and how it was shot, the director references alot of great directors Michael Mann and John carpenters camera work in Halloween. I thought goslings character was cool in a jean Reno from the professional kind of way. :ohlawd: @ that opening credits scene

Last edited:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
the first half drive is a stupid attempt at an art house-type of movie...except its completely and utterly re-fukking-tarded drivel. oooh ambient music. ooh ryan g says one meaningless word per hour and stares mindlessly into the universe with empty eyes. rinse and repeat.
who came up with this shyt ? a 13 year old girl ?

when the action starts is when it shines, true (although there is zero reason for a driver to be rambo, but ill that slide). the rest is idiotic.

Since we don't have the actual script. Who knows if it would have been good or bad. BUT......

The director reportedly removed most of the dialogue from the movie and just left a lot of long pauses. I don't know if he did this to create a certain feel or if the script was horrible. But that's why it's a lot of staring and shyt