I’m not seeing results. What am I doing wrong?

DJ Paul's Arm

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Cali
my boy DK can train you

JasonChristo-2.jpg

:dame:

Teko

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Johanesburg; Coral Way (FL)
Did you have a six pack when you were a teen?
That's the first question that should have been asked.

If you didn't have developed abs at any point during adolescence, you are fighting an uphill battle because genetics aren't in your favor.

If you had some kind of decent ab development when you were younger, you have a better chance of going back to some semblance of that.

The answer to what you're trying to do is, the answer to all these fitness questions asked. BUY an old school weight training book that explains exercises, what muscles they target, proper form to use,etc
Design a program that targets upper abs, lower abs, obliques, and serratus muscles.

You seem to be doing enough cardio, and your diet seems to be good....
Not sure about the teen thing.
Another issue is that he could be eating more than he thinks he's eating

kwazzy100

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
im 5'11 without shoes on. i weigh 173. i can't see my abs anymore...im old and aint as active as i used to be. no matter what you do at the gym or the track you will never see abs at 175

Dont mean to derail, but what if you want to get bigger and still get abs? I'm 5'9 and 180lbs ,but I've gained a little bit of muscle on my arms, back and chest. Not so much flab on my stomach

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Dont mean to derail, but what if you want to get bigger and still get abs? I'm 5'9 and 180lbs ,but I've gained a little bit of muscle on my arms, back and chest. Not so much flab on my stomach
you gotta get down to single digit body fat percentage to get abs. its hard af. i like to eat

Bledswole

Slappin and clowning chumps for fun.
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
you gotta get down to single digit body fat percentage to get abs. its hard af. i like to eat

No you don’t

They show better the lower the percentage

But it’s guys that’s 13% bf with abs

All depends on your genetics and where your body decides to store most of the fat

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
I run about 2 miles every night. I plank. I do push-ups. I don’t do crunches cause of my back

My diet is clean. Fruits & vegetables. Water. No fast food. No alcohol

I want a 6 pack. But I’m barely seeing results. I’m 5’11"/175lbs

I think I need to sign up for a gym membership
Start doing compound exercises that force your core to stabilize (squats, DL, OHP)

Reduce your running to 2-3 days and substitute longer walks in place of the others.

Increase meat consumption and reduce salt intake

there is no quick way to get there. You'll wake up and see it :manny: Just know that you can't spot reduce fat.

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
No you don’t

They show better the lower the percentage

But it’s guys that’s 13% bf with abs

All depends on your genetics and where your body decides to store most of the fat

Gahwtdamn genetics got all my fat storing in my midsection. Never had visible abs in my life and I was a skinny kid.
:mjcry:

Bledswole

Slappin and clowning chumps for fun.
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Gahwtdamn genetics got all my fat storing in my midsection. Never had visible abs in my life and I was a skinny kid.
:mjcry:

Yea. When you younger you don’t know about genetics,but when you get older and get into different sports you learn about genetics or at least the basics. And I remember some of my friends never having any abs and we’d hoop and run around all day and eat bullshyt and junk food mostly while some had 8 packs lol definitely a genetic thing

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
Yea. When you younger you don’t know about genetics,but when you get older and get into different sports you learn about genetics or at least the basics. And I remember some of my friends never having any abs and we’d hoop and run around all day and eat bullshyt and junk food mostly while some had 8 packs lol definitely a genetic thing

Life as a shorty shouldn't be so rough :mjcry:

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Damn I’m 5’11 188 as of this morning
The fact I might have to get to 160 to get rid of this gut is discouraging as hell :russ::francis:

Daps
Definitely genetics. I don't personally know anyone with 6 or 8 pack abs that really "worked" for them. They basically always had a moderate outline and then put in extra work to make em pop.

No different than the husky kid that never runs a mile in under 10 minutes but could always squat and bench circles around everyone else. People tend to do what comes easiest naturally....or at least focus on areas where you have a natural advantage. Fast/quick twitch brehs ain't outside running 4 miles a day (usually).