I'm looking to buy a new TV...

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
My 3-year old 50" Samsung plasma bit the dust. I'm getting red/pink pixels all on the left side, contacted Samsung and they told me I'd have to replace the panel which runs up to $1000. I bought the TV for like $600 3-years ago :mindblown:

I'm looking to buy a new TV pretty quickly. I haven't looked into TVs in awhile, so I'm out of the game. I've found this, but is it a pretty reasonable price? I don't really care about getting a SmartTV because I copped Chromecast & have a PS3.

http://www.samsung.com/us/video/tvs/UN55FH6030FXZA

Best Buy has it for around $850.

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

Keep an eye out, there's always a come up on slickdeals that pops up. But the price on that Sammy you scoped aint bad.

If you gonna game on your new tv, keep the input lag in mind.

http://www.displaylag.com/display-database/

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
If you play shooters, I dunno bruh. That or fighters.

Don't really player shooters or fighters anymore. Last time I played either was Super Street Fighter 4 or Street Fighter X Tekken maybe a year or so ago. I've been mostly sticking to single player games and sports games as of late. I'll probably cop GTA5 & call it a wrap for this gen.

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
I'm looking at getting a 60 inch plasma from Samsung this week. Def going with the square trade warranty on it though for four years.

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
I'm looking at getting a 60 inch plasma from Samsung this week. Def going with the square trade warranty on it though for four years.

I just had a plasma, and I wouldn't go through with it again. The picture quality is amazing, but there's still the problem of screen burning. I tend to watch sports for hours at a time. So when I finally change the channel, the image with the scoreboard tends to stick around for a few minutes.

Also, you'll eventually run into the problem I did with replacing your plasma panel after a few years. Plasmas are amazing, but just make sure you cop that warranty with it.

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
My 3-year old 50" Samsung plasma bit the dust. I'm getting red/pink pixels all on the left side, contacted Samsung and they told me I'd have to replace the panel which runs up to $1000. I bought the TV for like $600 3-years ago :mindblown:

I'm looking to buy a new TV pretty quickly. I haven't looked into TVs in awhile, so I'm out of the game. I've found this, but is it a pretty reasonable price? I don't really care about getting a SmartTV because I copped Chromecast & have a PS3.

http://www.samsung.com/us/video/tvs/UN55FH6030FXZA

Best Buy has it for around $850.

Yo i had this happen to me when my samsung at the time was still in warranty, red and pink pixels hopping back and forth over the screen

the samsung people sent out a technician, he had a new panel with him but said, i want to try something first....

my model was a pn50c7000 or something like that

here it is

He unscrewed the back of the tv and he turned a knob....and that sh1t went away fam on everything... i cant remember the knob ... it was "v" something, i think he turned it counter clockwise and all them sh1t's dissapeared and picture quality was still gawd status.

Look into it maybe u can sell it or keep along with the new tv you buy.

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
I just had a plasma, and I wouldn't go through with it again. The picture quality is amazing, but there's still the problem of screen burning. I tend to watch sports for hours at a time. So when I finally change the channel, the image with the scoreboard tends to stick around for a few minutes.

Also, you'll eventually run into the problem I did with replacing your plasma panel after a few years. Plasmas are amazing, but just make sure you cop that warranty with it.

I read that burn in is hard as hell to get on the newer models but that there still is IR that isn't permanent. I haven't had one problem with the LEDs we have in the house and we've had the vizio since 09 and LG since 11. Wanna see the big plasma hype but everything I'm reading makes it sound foolish to not cop a warranty.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
The one I'm getting came up as great and 37s input lag. Is that ok?

I wouldn't fukk with anything less than great. You good.

I'm waiting till black friday to cop one online.

My JVC DLP still going strong (got my extra bulb before my warranty ran out so I'm still good), but I need something to hang over the mantle and free up some room in my fam room.