I'm giving up on my looks

EARFQUAKE

🥰
Supporter
Daps
I've been trying to mold myself to look like every other IG girl with the thick eyebrows, fake eyelashes and contour make up.

It's too much work.

7a0b5a27b8ddd1bf6cc211fa3aad3fb3.png

Eyelashes are too high maintenance. Make up is expensive and tricky. I only wear thotty clothes on rare occasions. I don't even go out like that :mindblown: I've been playing Mario Party all weekend. I like wearing steel toe boots and long sleeved shirts. Who am I doing this all for? I'm going to embrace my bare face look. I might even go back to wearing glasses permanently. IDGAF anymore
:blessed:

Elle Driver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
At the beginning of mean streets
lol were you really trying to look like them? They don't even look like them. I'm bare faced most of the time, black girls look best that but what's most important is how you feel about yourself. Don't look like an IG girl though, they're ridiculous.

That reminds me I should probably start wearing glasses again. I look gross in em though.

EARFQUAKE

🥰
Supporter
Daps
Glasses?

7b26418c362c5702fef9b96976de2d06.jpg

These pics been posted?

Nah, but maybe in the future!

lol were you really trying to look like them? They don't even look like them. I'm bare faced most of the time, black girls look best that but what's most important is how you feel about yourself. Don't look like an IG girl though, they're ridiculous.

That reminds me I should probably start wearing glasses again. I look gross in em though.

It's sad right? I kept feeling insecure because I felt like I wasn't meeting the standard but I just eventually got over it. No point in trying to look or be someone else.
:yeshrug:

Daps
well do what makes YOU comfortable

secondly all that mess those IG/YT MUA do is not practical. they claim it only takes 10-15 mins but i call bullshyt on that. but they get paid to look like that. unless you work in an industry where wearing 5 bundles of weave and 10lbs of makeup is part of your job you don't need it.

i came to this conclusion after watching hundreds of hours of these clips, and spending money and countless hours trying to make it work. it doesn't for me nor is it practical for the work i do.

i do wear makeup-mascara with some highlighter and a lip color (usually a neutral color) and if i want to jazz it up i will do some eye liner and/or eyeshadow. other than that i don't have time or energy unless i am dressing for a special event.

with that said glasses can look sexy. so is the casual look. i also don't think regular guys like all that shyt anyway. they just want you to look cute, clean and neat. you can do that without all that other stuff