Codeine Bryant

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Dog he took 18 shots that's the very definition of forcing shyt over forcing
I said he wasn't forcing anything at THE END. Cause Kemba was cooking

I said he missed a few bunnies and wide open looks. I said he had a bad shooting night.

His 18 FGAs were in the flow of the game. Dude wasn't ballhogging or forcing up shots with 3 defenders draped over him or anything. And he wasn't going hero ball calling his own number in iso sets, either. Breh just was off tonight

Jerz-2

GOATs Status
Daps
Tatum is still inconsistent. He had a bad night. But he was not ball-hogging, that's silly.

He be aight. Trust me, as a Mavs fan, we did nothing to stop him. He simply had a bad shooting night
....no, PORZINGIS had a bad shooting night, holy cow. Entire Mavs team was cold most of the game, save that run they went on to end the 2nd/start the 3rd quarter.

But seeing Luka live was cool. His step back 3-pointer is on some Harden shyt, and his court vision is bananas.

Shoutout to TD Garden for selling BUCKETS of chicken, though....nikka, ain't no 2-3 pieces, fools had whole buckets of wings (had to cost the grip, though).

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Tatum is still inconsistent. He had a bad night. But he was not ball-hogging, that's silly.

....no, PORZINGIS had a bad shooting night, holy cow. Entire Mavs team was cold most of the game, save that run they went on to end the 2nd/start the 3rd quarter.

But seeing Luka live was cool. His step back 3-pointer is on some Harden shyt, and his court vision is bananas.

Shoutout to TD Garden for selling BUCKETS of chicken, though....nikka, ain't no 2-3 pieces, fools had whole buckets of wings (had to cost the grip, though).
Game was everything I thought it would be. That’s a damn good Mavs team

Daps
Reppin
NULL
:mjlol:at the poster who praised him for missing 9 more shots after he was already 1-9 as if that helped his team win.

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

I'd rather my best player stay aggressive during an off night than p*ssy out. As long as he's taking good shots in rhythm then he's helping his team.

I remember a game in 2006 when Kobe started 2-12 against the Clippers in the first half. He ended that game with 50 points (40 of which came in the 2nd half), hit the game-winning shot, and finished shooting close to 50% from the field. If he stopped shooting cause he was missing early on then we wouldn't have had that legendary performance.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
No, you actually don't. Unless you think the point of basketball is to elevate your individual scoring total then that statement is obviously false.

Wait a second, now I think I see why all your basketball takes are so bad.

I remember a game in 2006 when Kobe started 2-12 against the Clippers in the first half. He ended that game with 50 points (40 of which came in the 2nd half), hit the game-winning shot, and finished shooting close to 50% from the field. If he stopped shooting cause he was missing early on then we wouldn't have had that legendary performance.
41% is not "close to 50%" in any version of basketball. He was 17-41, that's closer to 33% than to 50%.

Also, it was hilarious that Lakers had a 9-point lead with 2 minutes left but Kobe still had to "hit the game-winning shot." I wonder how that happened?

Mobley hits 3pt to cut lead to 6
2:15 Kobe misses 20ft jumper
Mobley misses jumper
Smush and Cassell trade free throws
Brand hits a jumper to cut lead to 3
0:54 Kobe misses 19ft jumper
Brand makes free throws to cut lead to 1
0:38 Kobe misses 19ft jumper
Brand makes jumper to take lead
0:11 Kobe hits 6-foot jumper to take lead back
Smush steals the ball and goes coast to coast to seal the game

Kobe missed 9 of his last 13 shots in that "legendary" 17-41 performance. If his teammates hadn't been rebounding the shyt out of his misses all game long they would have lost by double digits.

Last edited:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Bruh.. did the same thing.. checked the boxscores this morning and was like what in the fuhk? ?...

I dont ever remember seeing a 1- 18 night.. thats just unreal
Looked it up on basketball reference and Robert Covington did it just last year. Before that the most recent time was Chris Bosh in 2011. Before that it hadn't happened since 1973 though.

Go back to the 50s/60s and there was a bunch of games that bad. Worst ever for 1 make was Mike Newlin going 1-22 in 1973.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
No, you actually don't. Unless you think the point of basketball is to elevate your individual scoring total then that statement is obviously false.

41% is not "close to 50%" in any version of basketball. He was 17-41, that's closer to 33% than to 50%.

Also, it was hilarious that Lakers had a 9-point lead with 2 minutes left but Kobe still had to "hit the game-winning shot." I wonder how that happened?

Mobley misses jumper

Kobe missed 9 of his last 13 shots in that "legendary" 17-41 performance. If his teammates hadn't been rebounding the shyt out of his misses all game long they would have lost by double digits.

A win is a win. A game winning shot is a game winning shot.

And yes that performance was LEGENDARY. As breathetaking a display of basketball skill as I've ever seen. Once again I watch basketball. I don't look at a game log to try and determine what happened. That's why most NBA players agree with me on Kobe's status and don't agree with you.

THE MACHINE

night owl
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
If you are the best option to score that night and are missing early, I don't see a problem with continuing to shoot -results be damned. If you're being doubled and tripled and continue to shoot, it's terrible basketball.

Youngdev

Superstar
Daps

I'd rather my best player stay aggressive during an off night than p*ssy out. As long as he's taking good shots in rhythm then he's helping his team.

Mobley misses jumper

:ohhh::picard: