Reppin
The Deep State
Writer: Illegal Immigration Stifles Black Community

http://pd.npr.org/anon.npr-mp3/npr/tmm/2010/02/20100217_tmm_02.mp3?dl=1

:wow:

We gotta be honest about this :whoo:

Illegal Immigration: The Impact on Wages and Employment of Black Workers

Abstract

[Excerpt] Before addressing the specific issue of illegal immigration and its economic effects on black Americans, the broad subject needs to be placed in perspective. No issue has affected the economic well-being of African Americans more that the phenomenon of immigration and its related policy manifestations. Immigration defined the entry experience of the ancestors of most the nation’s contemporary black American community (as slaves who were brought as involuntary immigrants); it placed them disproportionately in the states that today comprise the “South”( at no point in American history has less than half the black population ever lived outside the South); it disproportionately tied them for centuries to the rural sector of the southern economy where they were linked with the regions vast agricultural economy (the black migration out of the South did not begin until after 1915 when the mass immigration of the late 19th and early 20th Centuries from Europe and Asia were cut off by war from 1914-1918 and by restrictive legislation from 1921-1965); and, with the accidental revival of mass immigration in the years since 1965 that has continued to this day, immigration has served largely to marginalize the imperative to address squarely and affirmatively the legacy of the denial of equal economic opportunity that had resulted from the previous centuries of slavery and segregation which the civil rights movement and legislation of the 1960s sought to redress. In this post-1965 era of mass immigration, no racial or ethnic group has benefited less or been harmed more than the nation’s African American community.

Comments
Suggested Citation
Briggs, V. M. Jr. (2010). Illegal immigration: The impact on wages and employment of black workers. Testimony before the United States Civil Rights Commission. Ithaca, NY: Author.
Illegal Immigration: The Impact on Wages and Employment of Black Workers

http://judiciary.house.gov/_cache/f...201/testimony-of-frank-l-morris-phd-feb-9.pdf

Frank L Morris, PhD testimony before the US House of Representatives:

Morris_Frank_wm.png

Frank Morris | The HistoryMakers

Testimony of Frank L. Morris PhD
Progressives for Immigration Reform
Retired Graduate Dean, Professor and Senior Foreign Service Officer

United States House of Representatives Committee on the Judiciary
Subcommittee on Immigration and Border Security February 11, 2015, Rayburn House Office Building 2141, 1 PM

Read this shyt, man to man.

This isn't something i'm making up. If you're a black male, its time to start standing up against illegal immigration. Its NOT helping the black community.

5 Fast Facts About Black Immigrants in the United States

5 Fast Facts About Black Immigrants in the United States
haiti_rally.jpg

SOURCE: AP/John Raoux

A protester holds up a Haitian flag during a march for immigration reform in Orlando, Florida.

By Helina Faris | Thursday, December 20, 2012

Recent weeks have seen a positive shift in the conversation on immigration reform, with prominent voices in both parties pushing for a pathway to citizenship for the 11 million undocumented immigrants living in the United States. But although Latinos and Asian Americans figure prominently in the conversation, black immigrants—who comprise 8 percentof the U.S. foreign-born population—are most often left out.

As we prepare for 2013, here are some key facts about this often-overlooked group.

1. Black immigrants are a significant group in the United States—more than 3 million peoplecomprising 8 percent of the U.S. foreign-born population. More than half come from the Caribbean, with the rest mostly coming from Northern and sub-Saharan Africa. A small number also come from Europe and Canada. Black immigrants account for more than one-quarter of the black population in New York, Boston, and Miami.

2. Black immigrants arrive in the United States through multiple pathways. Most black immigrants—especially those from the Caribbean—arrive as legal permanent residents based on their family ties. Refugees from Ethiopia, Somalia, Liberia, Sudan, and Eritrea accounted for 30 percent of all black African immigrants in 2009, while around one-fifth of black African immigrants entered the United States through the diversity visa lottery program—which provides 55,000 visas each year to countries underrepresented in immigrant streams to the United States. Around 400,000 black immigrants in the United States are here without legal status. :mindblown:

3. Black immigrants are one of the most-educated immigrant groups. Black immigrants have more college education and higher rates of degree attainment than any other immigrant group in the United States. :sas2:

4. Black immigrants face many challenges in the United States. Even with high levels of education, black immigrants tend to earn low wages compared to other similarly trained immigrant or native workers. In 2011 black immigrants had the highest unemployment rate—12.5 percent—of any foreign-born group in the United States. :mjpls: Proposed immigration reforms such as reductions in family-based admissions and elimination of the diversity visa lottery could affect the flow of black immigrants to the United States, cutting off all legal means of entry into the country.

5. Despite the challenges they face, black immigrants are stepping up in support of immigration reform. Despite the risk of deportation by coming out as undocumented, several young black immigrants—such as Tolu Olubunmi, who was born in Nigeria and came to the United States at age 14—are fighting for passage of the DREAM Act. Haitian Americans in Miami also came out in large numbers last year to protest U.S. immigration policies that favor groups such as Cuban migrants—allowing, for example, any Cuban who makes it onto American soil to stay—but discriminate against Haitians seeking asylum in the United States. :stopitslime:

Like all immigrants in the United States, black immigrants come to this country to chase their dreams and to provide their families with a better life. Despite facing linguistic barriers, stereotypes, and misconceptions, black immigrants have developed social networks and small-scale entrepreneurship that have helped them successfully integrate into the United States. While their voices have been absent from much of the immigration debate, black immigrants know how important their voices are—as the example of young black DREAMers illustrates—and they are beginning to use those voices in support of immigration reform.

Helina Faris was an intern with the Immigration team at the Center for American Progress.

Demographics of Immigrants in the United States Illegally - Illegal Immigration Solutions - ProCon.org

5FpvD9D.jpg

USA Commission on Civil Rights Report from 2008:

"The Impact of Illegal Immigration on the Wages and Employment Opportunities of Black Workers: A Briefing Before The United States Commission on Civil Rights Held in Washington, DC"

http://digitalcommons.ilr.cornell.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1756&context=key_workplace

The Commission selected balanced panels that included Harry Holzer, professor of public policy at Georgetown University; Gordon H. Hanson, professor of economics at the University of California, San Diego; Julie Hotchkiss, research economist and policy advisor at the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta; Vernon Briggs, professor emeritus of labor economics at Cornell University; Gerald Jaynes, professor of economics and African American Studies at Yale University; Richard Nadler, president of Americas Majority Foundation; Carol Swain, professor of political science and law at Vanderbilt University; and Steven Camarota, director of research at the Center for Immigration Studies in Washington, DC.

The US has taken in more illegal immigrants than damn near every other nation in Europe.

Illegal Immigration around the World: 13 Countries Compared to the United States - Illegal Immigration Solutions - ProCon.org

q5kHf1v.png

And the USA is in the top 10 of illegal immigrant countries around the fukking world:

The top 10 home countries of those illegal immigrants were the People's Republic of China, Vietnam, Thailand, The Philippines, Mongolia, Indonesia, Uzbekistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, The United States of America, respectively.

Illegal immigration - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
"I think that, unfortunately, African-Americans are disproportionately low skilled. And African-Americans are disproportionately low educated. And those are the jobs that illegal immigrants are most often taking. And so I think that African-Americans who are low skilled and low educated who are out looking for employment in this sort of economy, they are competing with illegal immigrants of which there are millions. And so, I think that that's why they're disproportionately affected by this."

Solution: More Black men need to have more valuable skills. I know this board likes to paint college as a scam, but when only 33% of all Black men are graduating from college something needs to give. If not college then a trade or more entrepreneurship. Black parents need to encourage more of their children to become Accountants, Doctors, Engineers, Lawyers, Bankers, Teachers and Programmers. I know that's been said again, and again but its entirely truth. The only reason illegal immigration is "hurting" the Black community, is because we're in the position to be hurt.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
"I think that, unfortunately, African-Americans are disproportionately low skilled. And African-Americans are disproportionately low educated. And those are the jobs that illegal immigrants are most often taking. And so I think that African-Americans who are low skilled and low educated who are out looking for employment in this sort of economy, they are competing with illegal immigrants of which there are millions. And so, I think that that's why they're disproportionately affected by this."

Solution: More Black men need to have more valuable skills. I know this board likes to paint college as a scam, but when only 33% of all Black men are graduating from college something needs to give. If not college then a trade or more entrepreneurship. Black parents need to encourage more of their children to become Accountants, Doctors, Engineers, Lawyers, Bankers, Teachers and Programmers. I know that's been said again, and again but its entirely truth. The only reason illegal immigration is "hurting" the Black community, is because we're in the position to be hurt.
:ehh:

Tanahashi Coates

Superstar
Daps

I've been telling brehs to get their CDL. You can't get past the DOT without a background check and medical card

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
:yeshrug: you shouldn't be competing with an illegal immigrant for a job in the first place. you fukked up. something as basic as job corp isn't available for illegal immigrants, it is for legal residents though. when you really look into the programs that are out there you kinda get tired of all the bytching from folks about how there is no opportunity and this and that.

Chichi Manietzsche

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Long Beach, CA

agreed :ehh:

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

shyt more people than ever should be focusing on trades

getting into high demand work that pays well after a few years, at relatively low cost.

as opposed to some bullshyt ass vague 'business' degree and maybe an internship that doesnt mean shyt :mjlol: theres way too many people in that situation

YeLovesBoston

Superstar
Daps

vocational high schools are underrated. Send your kids their to learn a trade like auto repair, construction, or HVAC if they are not academically skilled

ignorethis

RIP Fresh RIP Doe RIP Phat
Daps
:yeshrug: you shouldn't be competing with an illegal immigrant for a job in the first place. you fukked up. something as basic as job corp isn't available for illegal immigrants, it is for legal residents though. when you really look into the programs that are out there you kinda get tired of all the bytching from folks about how there is no opportunity and this and that.

a large percentage of black America fukked up then.

You guys are really avoiding the topic. Blacks should be against illegal immigration period, staunchly against it. Instead you guys decide to say "well blacks are fukking up, it's not the illegal immigrants fault"

The shyt is called illegal immigration for a reason. Mexicans are essentially cheating the immigration system to leverage economic and political power over other minority groups (mainly blacks) and you guys think it's not a big deal

That shyt mostly hurts blacks at the employment level, then not to mention that the average Mexican is racist as shyt against blacks, arguably more than the average cac

I'm always left with the :dwillhuh: face when I see blacks fighting for illegal immigrants.

Last edited:

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
i'm not fighting for them. i just don't care. you know why i don't care about illegal immigration? because those jobs aren't worth shyt to begin with. learn something of value. that's how you make a way for yourself and your family. scraping the bottom of the barrel for scraps isn't what i hope for my people. do better man.

TRFG

Not who you think
Daps
i'm not fighting for them. i just don't care. you know why i don't care about illegal immigration? because those jobs aren't worth shyt to begin with. learn something of value. that's how you make a way for yourself and your family. scraping the bottom of the barrel for scraps isn't what i hope for my people. do better man.

tell that to most of the black unemployed population :mjlol:

you guys think like kindergarten level kids on here

ignorethis

RIP Fresh RIP Doe RIP Phat
Daps
Black peoplea for illegal immigration is :mjlol:

there is both high and low skilled illegal labor

exactly that "illegal immigrant are only taking the bottom of the barrel jobs" is BS, and even if it wasn't, its not like blacks are being moved up in the workforce to give those illegal immigrants employment. They're being displaced out of the workforce completely.

Those illegal immigrants working earning income equal economic power for Mexicans/hispanics as a whole, which leads to the power to employ, which leads to 50% black neighborhoods with businesses that don't hire a single black teenager. The average black kid in Southwest Houston is better off getting a job in Fort Bend from the whites than a Mexican manager in their neighborhood giving them a job.

But "people of color" solidarity right :francis:

Last edited: