I'll tell ya what, Schumacher can say he made a decent Batman movie

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Watching Batman Forever for the first time in years and I gotta say it's pretty decent actually.:manny:

History hasn't been as kind to it because we expect more in terms of tone from our superhero movie these days but for a campy Bat-flick I think it fits the bill. :ehh:

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I liked Batman Forever as a kid. Never understood why it gets shytted on

I presume because a lot of Batman fans, particularly ones old enough to frequent message boards and vent about their frustrations, prefer a darker and more serious tone for the character.

Not saying it's the ONLY reason but it always felt like a big one.

Bruce Wayne

THE GODDAMN BILLIONAIRE
Daps
Reppin
Gotham City
This is Honestly how I watch them: Tim Burton's BATMAN, BATMAN RETURNS and Joel Shoemaker's BATMAN FOREVER.....YES I have seen Batman & Robin but NO....it just ruins it for the other 3. Forever was very different from the 1st 2 and I can see why Keaton dropped the Role given the direction that he saw WB wanted to go in. BATMAN & ROBIN was completely over the top, there were so many Cheesy Things, Corny 1 Liners etc...but before that it's how Wrongly the Heroes, Villians and other Main Characters were represented. That shyt just Hurt.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
this thread makes me wanna buy the blu that has the first 4 batmans in it

as a kid i loved Batman Forever because of jim carrey..saw it recently and it's still enjoyed it

batman and robin is rated 3.6 on imdb :dead:

Last edited:

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
I liked Batman Forever as a kid. Never understood why it gets shytted on

I know why it gets shytted on. Compared the intense goth of Burton's films and the intense "gritty" darkness of Nolan's, it looks really campy and schlocky......but if understand that it was intentional, it's still entertaining as hell.

The complete and utter disaster of Schumacher's follow-up doesn't help either lol

TKOK

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sactown
I can't say that Batman forever is a great movie or anything,but i still enjoy it. It has the right mix of corniness, where as Batman and Robin was nonstop corniness from the first minute onward.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
Batman Forever was entertaining but after what Schumacher did afterwards to the Batman movie franchise it gets lumped in with the other 2 shytty flicks.