I'll die on this hill, The Last of Us 1/2 are better GAMES than Resident Evil 4/

RE4 or TLOU(1/2)

• Which one you think is better?

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • RE4

Votes: 20 55.6%
  • TLOU

Votes: 14 38.9%
  • Dead Space Remake

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
No. TLOU is too story driven. Too many cutscenes. It can be very stealthy heavy which can be boring. No compelling boss fights at all. The environment/locations are far superior in RE4. If u like story over actual gameplay then yeah you’ll like TLOU.
Negative.
RE4's departure to an island with spanish enemies made the game feel way less scarier than RE2. Then to top it all off, mobility is hampered in this game compared to TLOU 2. In TLOU 2 you can play the game a variety of ways whilst having more mobility i.e. you have elevation and more movement options.

RE4 is still limited even with the crouch added into the remake. It does nothing really to the gameplay beside allowing you to sneak up on enemies standing in one spot. You can't hide or go prone and hide anywhere in the game which is weak imo. Environments in TLOU 2>>>RE4.

Just Abby's gameplay sections after helping the asian kid>>>>>>>>>RE4.

No other TPS is seeing this game.

Jasonmask

Superstar
Daps
Negative.
RE4's departure to an island with spanish enemies made the game feel way less scarier than RE2. Then to top it all off, mobility is hampered in this game compared to TLOU 2. In TLOU 2 you can play the game a variety of ways whilst having more mobility i.e. you have elevation and more movement options.

RE4 is still limited even with the crouch added into the remake. It does nothing really to the gameplay beside allowing you to sneak up on enemies standing in one spot. You can't hide or go prone and hide anywhere in the game which is weak imo. Environments in TLOU 2>>>RE4.

Just Abby's gameplay sections after helping the asian kid>>>>>>>>>RE4.

No other TPS is seeing this game.

None of these games are that scary, let’s just get that out the way. Also that has no gauge on how much I enjoy a game or not. Lastly these are action/horror games if I wanted to play a good stealth game, I’d play metal gear solid. None of your “arguments” hold any weight on the playing experience again if u like story driven and a formulaic go against zombie then Segway into a human vs human segment rinse and repeat then TLOU will be for you. I like action I don’t like waiting around trying to find the right opportunity in my horror games. The Abby part where you have to get to Tommy is fukking annoying and unrealistic there’s no way a non veteran should have that much accuracy in sniping.

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
TLOU2 gameplay is *chef's kiss"
I wish they could license that shyt out to other developers
I'd love to play a spy game like that

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
None of these games are that scary, let’s just get that out the way. Also that has no gauge on how much I enjoy a game or not. Lastly these are action/horror games if I wanted to play a good stealth game, I’d play metal gear solid.
It's not either or. It's not JUST a stealth game, I'm just saying it's a total package. Secondly, RE2 and 3 are MUCH more scarier than RE4. I'm talking about the classics as well.

None of your “arguments” hold any weight on the playing experience again if u like story driven and a formulaic go against zombie then Segway into a human vs human segment rinse and repeat then TLOU will be for you.
The playing experience is literally what makes what I just described good. I didn't mention anything about story driven experience. Also, laying it out that way can be done for RE as well.

Cutscene>Go against zombie hordes>walk around pick up resources>puzzle>zombies>cutscene rinse and repeat>chapter end.

I like action I don’t like waiting around trying to find the right opportunity in my horror games. The Abby part where you have to get to Tommy is fukking annoying and unrealistic there’s no way a non veteran should have that much accuracy in sniping.
There's more action in TLOU than RE4 though but to be fair TLOU is a much longer/bigger game.

You're literally fighting against multiple types of enemies at once. You can literally trigger the enemies to fight each other. Notice how I never mentioned the story at all?

Too much action is what ruined RE it was never really an "action game per se" and now TLOU has blended both moments of great action with moments of survival horror against hordes of enemies.

Last edited:

Jasonmask

Superstar
Daps
Disagree w having more action. Just because you can pit enemies against each other doesn’t make the action more compelling I can tell you’re easily impressed if that’s the point you’re trying to make. The enemy waves are more dramatic in RE4 and can you stick to your own thread topic? We’re not talking about older RE titles but if u want a win then yeah RE2 is scarier and I enjoyed that more and it’s probably my fave out the series. RE7 is the most scary but it’s not the best so again idk why u keep pushing this more scary =more fun. The scenes where you fight that huge Dike or that big ass nikka is inferior to the Krauser fight. There’s only one legit boss fight in TLOU2 and I loathe the OG. I mainly got the sequel because I wanted to kill Joell weak ass off :yeshrug:. I fukk w both games but I think I’ve replayed TLOU2 like maybe 4 times I’ve played RE8 even more and still better than TLOU. The chainsaw guy can kill the ganados by your logic that’s more action. There’s more variety of enemies in RE4 you only have humans, walkers, clickers, those annoying ass p*ssy zombies that aren’t even fun to kill they’re just annoying and the ones that throw shyt. RE4 has regenerators, ganados, chainsaw man, chainsaw girl, those claw enemies I can go on and on about the variety in just one game.