I'll die on this hill, The Last of Us 1/2 are better GAMES than Resident Evil 4/

RE4 or TLOU(1/2)

• Which one you think is better?

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • RE4

Votes: 20 55.6%
  • TLOU

Votes: 14 38.9%
  • Dead Space Remake

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Disclaimer, I've beaten almost every mainline RE game and LOVE the remakes(2/3 and currently am playing 4.)

BUT, I have to admit that Naughty Dog has outdone Capcom in regards to Gameplay alone. Adding in the narrative aspect it's not even fair at this point.

ND was inspired by RE4 and Ico for TLOU series but I think the student has surpassed the master.

Gameplay it's not even a contest. Everything RE4 does, TLOU part 2 does it better.

Stealth=TLOU2 Wins
Gunplay=TLOU 2 Wins
Puzzles=RE4 wins
Pacing=RE 4
Animations=TLOU 2

The gameplay variety is just much more awesome in TLOU 2. In RE4 it feels a bit stiff and at times I'm like this nikka just couldn't dodge? He can roundhouse kick, suplex and melee enemies but can't dodge? It's just an overall more tense game in TLOU than RE4. I know this opinion will surely rattle some people but I'll die on that hill.

I await the smoke/negs/insults :blessed:

Last edited:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Two different kinds of tone for each, Resident Evil is camp horror, Last of Us is like a post apocalyptic drama. Resident Evil is more like Dawn of The Dead, Last of Us is more like The Road.

Story, presentation and graphics, acting, music, its all better in TLOU. Gameplay between the different versions can be argued, RE4 Remake shyts on TLOU Part 1 gameplay wise, having evade prompts, parries, and staggers make you feel more powerful in RE4, but its camp-like nature suits the style more.

TLOU Part 2, there’s no comparison in any category. Gameplay, animation, Enemy Ai, Stealth, story, music, performance, etc. etc. it’s just a very very wide gap at that point. Resident Evil pivoting back to first person pretty much succeeded that style of gameplay to Naughty Dog.

Would love to see Resident Evil 9 expand upon what RE2R and RE4R do so well instead of going back to FPS or some weird hybrid.

Marks

as a mountain
Daps
Two different kinds of tone for each, Resident Evil is camp horror, Last of Us is like a post apocalyptic drama. Resident Evil is more like Dawn of The Dead, Last of Us is more like The Road.

Story, presentation and graphics, acting, music, its all better in TLOU. Gameplay between the different versions can be argued, RE4 Remake shyts on TLOU Part 1 gameplay wise, having evade prompts, parries, and staggers make you feel more powerful in RE4, but its camp-like nature suits the style more.

TLOU Part 2, there’s no comparison in any category. Gameplay, animation, Enemy Ai, Stealth, story, music, performance, etc. etc. it’s just a very very wide gap at that point. Resident Evil pivoting back to first person pretty much succeeded that style of gameplay to Naughty Dog.

Would love to see Resident Evil 9 expand upon what RE2R and RE4R do so well instead of going back to FPS or some weird hybrid.
It's even more useless comparison when you realize TLOU and hell Sony's whole TPS streak probably wouldn't exist without RE4. This action shooting blend (whether you lean more platforming, or more shooting dont matter) that everyone takes for granted now started with RE4 in 2005.

Without RE4 you don't get Gears, you don't get Dead Space and you definitely don't get TLOU or Uncharted.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
It's funny cause I was talking to my brother about how RE4 Remake feels like a way slower paced version of Uncharted with the way enemies attack etc etc. U can see how RE4 influenced Naughty Dog. I'm enjoying RE4 so far. TLOU is more a serious tone game. I'm still trying to figure out if I like this Remake more than the Dead Space Remake.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Last of Us is the evolution of those prime RE4/5 games :yeshrug: both nailed it in their times, and were what all other games in the genre were compared against.

REmakes can only do so much, as they'll always have to focus on what made those originals shine and add things that don't detract too much from that.

WaveMolecules

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Queens
U dont have to choose. Yall can like two things instead of making everything a competition :heh:

Yall let these console wars get to your heads
i do like both of them though sir.

the question is which one is better. i cant pick one or the other. theyre like my kids.

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
This is like telling someone to choose between Schindler's list and inglorious basterds.

They have some elements that are similar but they're ultimately very different games. If I want to have FUN I'll play resident evil 4. If I want to feel depressed I'll play the last of us. The tone, and setting of last of us is all designed to engage you in the story. The story in resident evil 4 is just the basic justification for the refined and exciting game mechanics.

The ganados don't cry or beg for their lives or mourn their friends when you kill them because that shyt is depressing and you'd have to be a real piece of shyt to be playing tlou like:krs: when someone is suffering because of some shyt you did. The dialogue isn't meant to make you question your actions in RE4 its meant to make you think "wow this is crazy!" Or to smile when Leon says something cheesy to cut the tension.