I'll be frank; what is wrong with white gamers? And why are they so mad?

SCJoe

All Star
Daps
It comes down to Maslow's theory. Most white gamers are higher up the pyramid than minority groups so when stuff like video games, which they feel they are the focal point of, don't reflect that view they actually have real emotional responses. When people don't have to worry about bills or navigating racism, they have way more time to get mad at some pixels

Daps
Or, the issue is white male gamers, and not you personally.

Again, video games are almost completely aimed at white male buyers and they are still angry.

I'm sorry, breh. It's not just dudes playing shooters. I hope you understand--of course I don't mean 100%, but, it seems that the people with the biggest problem with every thing dealing with briing in gamers who aren't white and male are white and male.

It's not as simple as being called the n-word on chats. And I'm noticing it as I'm becoming a bigger viewer of YouTube.

Is that the issue, or the focus? You might be right, but i think white males who play the competitive games is where this comes from most. But that's not all white gamers, that's a portion of white gamers.

I think a lot of great points here, it definitely has a lot do with some type of anger toward the changing world and their own way they fit into that (not getting women, living at home, just general losing at life shyt) and they let that out through the game.

But let's be real too, it's all about anonymity too. The mask of the internet allows people to be something they are too scared to in real life.

The same can be said about the anonymity of the Coli and how many people on here can say cac this and that every other sentence, but go to their job and prolly play chatty patty with their white co-workers and talk about Rogue IPA's and the Yankees game

People go online to be the person they wish they could be in real life, and the internet exposes how racist of a world we still live in, and white people are chock full of it. Just facts

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Descend from psychopaths that frontiered America and were then abused by white businessman who used non whites and whites deemed sub white as a buffer to practice inhumane work conditions against white men women, and children..

How do the great grandchildren of homicidal maniacs function in a peaceful society.

Cacs act like if every non white person vanished they would have this utopia when in reality they would just put focus back on destroying one another. 50 million body bags in WW2? Over a million in the civil war....?

We<non whites> are used as a buffer to prevent another war. Give these descendants of maniacs someone to take their anger out on.

A psycho isnt a logical person which is probably why your average racist cac hates facts

Thoughtspeak

Joke ting blood
Daps
Reppin
London under protest
I`m white and a gamer, not mad at all.

Question should be rephrased into, what is wrong with online gamers.

Most people playing those MP shooters and shyt are social pariahs who thrive on their e-competition

I don't even fukk with MP games online anymore, too much negativity in that space, first time in years i`m not gonna re-up my Gold or PSN Scripts. Just gonna continue my xbox gamepass

So be because you are not mad, nobody else is?
I've been gaming from the days of the Commodore 64. No other race has so much anger in gaming as white people. Point. Blank. Period.

And no, it's not just "online" gamers. There are plenty white dudes out there that will can near cut you if you disrespect Lord Nintendo, Lord Sony or lord Microsoft.

How you gonna come here and tell us that it' just online gamers when a quick YouTube search will find you videos of white kids losing their shyt over fukking Minecraft of all things?

Here is another academic exercise. Outside of obvious characters putting on an act for the YouTube audience, please find me examples of POC losing their shyt over videogames in any shape or form. I'l wait.

Kairi Irving

Here Comes A New Challenger
Daps

in short they've been raised and groomed to know that their the center of the universe, everything and everyone should cater to them. If something doesn't, then they go on a temper tantrum like a todler. I realized this when I was in okinawa, and white dudes were high key upset and very vocal at the fact that the Japanese women loved us brothers more than the cacs.

Reminds me of this thick Japanese girl i met senior year :ohlawd:

Kairi Irving

Here Comes A New Challenger
Daps
So be because you are not mad, nobody else is?
I've been gaming from the days of the Commodore 64. No other race has so much anger in gaming as white people. Point. Blank. Period.

And no, it's not just "online" gamers. There are plenty white dudes out there that will can near cut you if you disrespect Lord Nintendo, Lord Sony or lord Microsoft.

How you gonna come here and tell us that it' just online gamers when a quick YouTube search will find you videos of white kids losing their shyt over fukking Minecraft of all things?

Here is another academic exercise. Outside of obvious characters putting on an act for the YouTube audience, please find me examples of POC losing their shyt over videogames in any shape or form. I'l wait.

Don't mind that 2k2 poster he pretty much exposed himself as :mjpls: in that Vegas Shooter thread.

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm on YouTube, now. And on my damn sidebar is some white dude raging for 37 mins (didn't watch) about "SJW Lies" like 99% of games don't reflect white males as the primary audience.

I'm playing 2K16 right now (yes, I'm late) and Spike straight don't care if your MyPlayer is white, you're parents are BLACK.

And then they mad at Mass Effect Andromeda for having more non white males than anything.

And then they mad at the new Star Wars game having a female protaginist and claims their's a "feminist agenda."

:dahell: How entitled can one get?

Video games are just NOW getting black hair right...kinda. And black people have never raged at the gaming community en masse. It's almost a given to be called a "n*gg*r" online at this point.
Those are stupid white people. These are the type of idiots who complain about BET and want WET.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
The real question is what is wrong with people.
Fixed. This trait of wanting everything to be similar to oneself is a human trait. Goes beyond white. For example a lot of people in general got butthurt over homosexual characters in Bioware games as romance options.

White gamers are just uses to having main characters and shyt be white so now that things are diversifying they cry about it.

A lot of people are self-absorbed and think the world should cater to them alone.

The world is bigger than just a single person and everything ain't for everybody.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
White gamer here...for a lot of these guys, it's part of the environment they grew up in. Never ever having any real conflict or issues in their life cause them to sweat and over interpret stupid things like a game having a female protagonist or parents in 2K being black even though their player is white.

Or, for guys like PewDiePie..it's about money. Just shock posting for views and subs. It's to get paid.

Just starve those kinds of dudes of attention and it'll be all good.
You being broke your whole life you feel a connection with minorities n shyt :mjlol:

I made a thread on this exact topic and it got moved :francis:

I was breaking down prejudices and how it applied to cultures, specifically Japan. And I did that by first taking a look at the evolution of Microsoft. They was against fable 3 having a black lady on the cover like the devs wanted, voiced why (society is based on supremic thought) then seen how that had changed with Microsoft, EA did a good job too :tu:

But in Japan, with even less interactions with Africans, they have stronger prejudices and know what they know mostly from television. So they have the same supremic views that Hollywood taught them :francis:

Sony heads was like :stop: you're trolling and had it removed. Neogaf jrz strikes again...

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
i think i posted this in this room before
but ill never forget when i was playing GTA V one time and these white boys caught me coming out the apartment and straight deaded me with the water hose on the fire truck.
over and over!
i usually never get upset with racist shyt online cause im king of the dozens.
but that shyt really hurt me man!
:mjcry:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
i think i posted this in this room before
but ill never forget when i was playing GTA V one time and these white boys caught me coming out the apartment and straight deaded me with the water hose on the fire truck.
over and over!
i usually never get upset with racist shyt online cause im king of the dozens.
but that shyt really hurt me man!
:mjcry:
Rep for the Lloyd Banks bars in your sig