If you're a dark skinned female music artist, you won't sell albums in America

Faneto

Banned
Daps
I'm not singling out any group and making assumptions about them. It's clearly demonstratable that darker skin gets less play in mainstream America.

Try again dummy:comeon:
Sounds like you're generalizing Mainstream America bruh.

Besides, what constitutes as dark skin is subjective

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps
Janet-Jackson-Is-Releasing-New-Album-This-Fall-640x480.jpg

k-michelle.jpg

Both did numbers recently :manny: A better thread would be why is @Raul lowkey racist? :mjpls:

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Both did numbers recently :manny: A better thread would be why is @Raul lowkey racist? :mjpls:

How is it racist that I point out that dark skinned women tend not to sell albums in America?

You actually think I LIKE Beyonce and Rihanna?

:scust:

(I don't, but mainly because they're shyt artists. But I believe a part of their success is their skin tone)

:sas2:

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Light skin is more marketable to white people its not just the women either look at the rap game real black people getting replaced slowly but surely

Know your history and you'll see its been done before and its happening right now

Not only that but most black female artist have to shake their asses and get butt ass naked to cross over to white folks.

Just like in the 80s for black dudes to cross over and sell to whites they had to have high pitch women like voices.

White folks like their black entertainers to not be too black but at the same time they want their black entertainers to represent every black stereotype imaginable.

Last edited:

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's is amazing how the black music that hasn't crossed over such as neo soul and Gospel have black women and men in every shape and color. Making music and having big following in those genres.

I have always said the quickest way for a certain black style or form to die is have it cross over in mass.

Last edited:

Faneto

Banned
Daps
I'm not Hispanic but i know don omar and romeo santos have had some big songs.

Both have over 700 mil views

You're from New York so you might as well be

Wiz Khalifa got 1 billion views for his Fast and Furious tribute song