If you have a Laptop, Tablet and Phone

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’m not being an ass but this is common sense in 2024. Especially if you’re under 30- you know how to find dirt on people faster than some of these government agencies, so you can def research careers and ways to make money 🤣

There’s advice on this very forum that can change your life/path in less than a year.

Hell, you can run through some coursera programs and get a new job in the first quarter of the new year.

Things have changed. Not saying there aren’t hardships, pitfalls, etc

But the internet and social media are the great equalizers.

There are things you could only learn/access through university and certain rites of passage that you can learn about and put to use in your life after a couple google searches.

Let’s get it.
It’s common sense but look at some of the push back in some of the responses. There’s clearly some people that don’t see the vision.

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
It’s common sense but look at some of the push back in some of the responses. There’s clearly some people that don’t see the vision.
⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️
Those devices mean nothing without ambition, and work ethic.

:ufdup:

/thread

No one said it’s easy. It’s more doing and accessible in 2024 because of the info at your fingertips. You still have to put the work in!

You know how many more ppl would have degrees today if online classes/degrees were available 25 years ago? Everyone couldn’t follow the traditional route or even go to night school. I have a few elders who got their masters working full time, with families, and taking turns going to night classes. Maybe even on public transit late at night leaving the latest class available. Imagine how they look at the current generation who can literally hop online and watch a recorded class at our convenience, and just show up to a facility at the end of the semester when it’s time for an exam. :skip:

How many ppl woke up one day and decided to try their hand at IT, taking some courses, doing self-study and actually landing jobs in the last 5-10yrs?

How many ppl got serious about the social media game and actually carved out a career? Learned about business and actually started marketing, selling things and services, etc?

Learned about trades programs that they might not have learned about in HS or community college?

Shoo, I feel lazy AF after reading what I just typed.

It’s out there if we want it.

Daps
So my uncle was telling me if you have a phone, tablet and laptop there’s no way you shouldn’t be successful in what you want to do. You can take online courses anytime, You can download any book to learn anything new. Plus you have apps that makes it easier to connect with people. He’s a boomer but I thought this was an interesting take.

Thoughts?

Why did they have to ban Huawei smh

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Success isn't easy. Don't listen to anybody who tells you otherwise. Requires smarts, hardwork and a good bit of luck. Those aren't always things everybody can just manifest out nowhere for themselves.

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

/thread

No one said it’s easy. It’s more doing and accessible in 2024 because of the info at your fingertips. You still have to put the work in!

You know how many more ppl would have degrees today if online classes/degrees were available 25 years ago? Everyone couldn’t follow the traditional route or even go to night school. I have a few elders who got their masters working full time, with families, and taking turns going to night classes. Maybe even on public transit late at night leaving the latest class available. Imagine how they look at the current generation who can literally hop online and watch a recorded class at our convenience, and just show up to a facility at the end of the semester when it’s time for an exam. :skip:

How many ppl woke up one day and decided to try their hand at IT, taking some courses, doing self-study and actually landing jobs in the last 5-10yrs?

How many ppl got serious about the social media game and actually carved out a career? Learned about business and actually started marketing, selling things and services, etc?

Learned about trades programs that they might not have learned about in HS or community college?

Shoo, I feel lazy AF after reading what I just typed.

It’s out there if we want it.
Facts this is what my Uncle was saying. He said a lot of us have things on easy mode with technology and we don’t take advantage of it.

who_better_than_me

Time to go!!
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If we're just going off the resources available, information is open and free for everyone to partake.

This is where most people get stuck in Tutorial Hell. They think doing online courses are sufficient enough. It feels good to learn how to do beginner level shyt.

So, I disagree. You can learn a lot of things, hell everything you want... but there's no teaching someone to get the fukk up and apply what they learned.

That's on them.
Yeah my homeboy fukked up his suv with those online DIY tutorials. Than man been whining for over a month now

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh
So my uncle was telling me if you have a phone, tablet and laptop there’s no way you shouldn’t be successful in what you want to do. You can take online courses anytime, You can download any book to learn anything new. Plus you have apps that makes it easier to connect with people. He’s a boomer but I thought this was an interesting take.

Thoughts?
I've literally been on The Coli saying this for YEARS...