If you have a Laptop, Tablet and Phone

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Not everyone is good at self-learning. Thats like saying we should all be graduates because there are schools everywhere now.

A lot of people are good self learners because they have been taught wrong. Especially in the US. It's crazy because naturally we get it and do it. If you hand a toddler who can't read, a book. They'll flip through the pages, look at the pictures. Then when you go through it and read it to them they'll point out all the things they saw and remember and that helps it sink in.

You don't have to get a book, or textbook and wait for it to be spoonfed to you, or cram it all at once. What you should do is open it up, look at the chapters, the sections, if there's pictures, look at the pictures, you'll formulate questions in your head "how do I do that?" "What's that about?" "What does this mean?" "Who's that?" Then you go and read it and ask you read you'll find the answers to your questions and if you have a teacher go over it or through it with you or to you those questions will be answered and you aren't just in the dark having new information fed to you.

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Completely ridiculous lol. It makes it easier, but being successful takes a lot more than that. :mjlol:
That’s what I was saying to him there’s social skills and a level of confidence and discipline involved in terms of success but he was alluding to things in terms of knowledge.

King Poetic

Fire Dave Roberts!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles, California
That sounds all good

But a ton of people have the same things and a lot might have the same drive, but that’s not going to make u successful or rich

It’s more to that like connections and even lucky situations

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That sounds all good

But a ton of people have the same things and a lot might have the same drive, but that’s not going to make u successful or rich

It’s more to that like connections and even lucky situations
That’s what a phone is for. You got apps for linkedin, Instagram etc.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
I agree with your uncle

Most people always have the means to change something. It’s either they can’t think of how to start, not motivated/pushed, or just plain lazy stuck in a victim mentality.

Nobody will save you but you.

For example, all night while I was bullshytting on the Coli, I let my certification study material play in the background. Same vid over and over until I almost had certain parts memorized. Like remembering the scenes of a movie or lyrics of a song.

Also, at the same time, I had fell behind on a study/work deadline, ended up skipping most of the course lessons and just took the final exam.. and passed.

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Just having knowledge on a subject isn't enough. Things are easier now but it's come at a cost.
Ok but having knowledge is always a stepping stone to put you in the right direction. Your in a better position then not knowing the subject at all.

Roger king

Superstar
Daps
Things are never that black or white, if that was the case the vast majority of americans would be financially secure. There are people in several hundreds of thousands of debt due to medical issues no fault of their own, or because they chose to go to college, no amount of using a phone or laptop is going to produce that level of finance magically, there is a point there but it relies alot of nuance

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
Majority of people fail at becoming what you think is successful. There are simply not that many jobs worldwide that would pay you lucrative salary.

Now if you have a great work ethic, patience, and talent, yeah you can go far in your career, but don't expect everything from the get-go. Nice communication skills is also a big plus.

Competition has been there all the time. Question is what do you have that the next candidate doesn't? Cause both of all most likely watched those online courses. So what?

SNG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Things are never that black or white, if that was the case the vast majority of americans would be financially secure. There are people in several hundreds of thousands of debt due to medical issues no fault of their own, or because they chose to go to college, no amount of using a phone or laptop is going to produce that level of finance magically, there is a point there but it relies alot of nuance
Which I agree people are in different situations all the time. But in terms of self improvement you have the tools in your hands if you use them. Not everyone has the three things that a listed altogether due to financial reasons. Not everyone is successful because they lack discipline focus and drive. Or hell don’t even know how to research thoroughly.

Gloxina

Veteran
Daps
So my uncle was telling me if you have a phone, tablet and laptop there’s no way you shouldn’t be successful in what you want to do. You can take online courses anytime, You can download any book to learn anything new. Plus you have apps that makes it easier to connect with people. He’s a boomer but I thought this was an interesting take.

Thoughts?
I’m not being an ass but this is common sense in 2024. Especially if you’re under 30- you know how to find dirt on people faster than some of these government agencies, so you can def research careers and ways to make money 🤣

There’s advice on this very forum that can change your life/path in less than a year.

Hell, you can run through some coursera programs and get a new job in the first quarter of the new year.

Things have changed. Not saying there aren’t hardships, pitfalls, etc

But the internet and social media are the great equalizers.

There are things you could only learn/access through university and certain rites of passage that you can learn about and put to use in your life after a couple google searches.

Let’s get it.