If you get razor bumps...get in here

PhillyBirds215

All Star
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang
What works for me is i use the Andis t outliner and never let my Barber touch my facial hair.

Cause that nikka shaves my shyt too hard and that seems to be what leaves razor bumps. So make sure my pores is open by applying a hot towel to my face and neck area, I shave real smooth without getting too close to the skin with the t outliner, then alcohol that shyt thoroughly

MaxBundles

Veteran
Daps
Ok.... a lot of good info in here but if you really wanna get rid of bumps FOR GOOD, let me put you on game...

First, you shave with the andis t-outliner or a blade, doesn't matter, that's how effective this will be. I do either or

Then you get directly in the shower and I know this gonna sound weird but you wash your face with this
0041167606322_a1c1_0600.png

Now I know you thinking, why the fukk would I wash my face with shampoo, but just trust me. You put it on your face, let it sit for like 30 sec then you use an exfoliating pad to wipe it off. I use something similar to this
18551m_l.jpg

That's it, no bump lotion or nothing, I use to use them before I discovered this method. just a nice moisturizer and your good to go. Bet you'll see results after 2 days

BlackDiBiase

Superstar
Daps
You coli nikkas suck ass so y'all don't even deserve me giving you this secret formula but your black and lately I have been all about helping my brothers out. Ok try Neo Medrol and you will never have bumps in your life again. Bump patrol is shyt and just burns the bumps into your skin.

this is too deep, neo medrol is by far the best thing to treat bumps its so good for the black man they tried/trying to ban it.

Asicz

Presume the unpredictable
Daps
If using the Andis T Liiner clipper daily/regularly after a couple months either sharpen your blade with a sharpening stone or replace with new blade. Also disinfect with blade cleaner solution and/or boiling water bleach plus lubricate regularly.
That can prevent bumps. Dull and dirty blades tug the folicle and irritate skin.

If you have bumps chill on the shaving for a couple days use a warm towel on it and antibiotic ointment. Also try salycilic acid face wash.

Last edited:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So brehs..Im 33 and in the last 4 years I have started growing facial hair like a normal adult male :mjlol:

Anyway because Im a real nikka I get razor bumps from time to time.

Tried a bunch of different products...but nothing seemed to work!

This has changed.

I have been almost a month with out even a single bump......all to my new regiment.

You can do this daily.,...I do it every 2 days

1. Andis T-outliner
0002031_andis-t-outliner_300.jpeg

2 WAHL Super shaver

wahl-5-star-shaver-e1358612240634.jpg

3 (This is optional) Rubbing alcohol

4. Wash face with anti-septic bar soap.
I get this brand at the beauty store. You can smell the medicine in it.

5 Bump patrol after shave treatment (You can do this after shaving...but I do it after washing)

450.jpg

6. Moisturizer of choice. (I use Nivea)

In the past....I have never went a month not getting a razor bump...this regiment has broke the curse...even my co-worker on the sly asked me what razor I use...she was basically trying to be nice ..she wanted to know for her husband :wow:....it will work for you brehs!:mjcry:

I use the 1st two and this nikka just put yall on all kind of game.

I'm selfish tho, its hard enough for us ugly dudes to compete out chea last thing I need is all the bumpy face dudes to go from ugly ducklin to swan :birdman:

Asicz

Presume the unpredictable
Daps
For bump treatment: Warm compress 10 minutes, then antibiotic ointment. DO this 1 to 2 times a day. Dr. Advice.

Teekz

Rookie
Daps
I've spent the last year digging into this and it boils down to the process and the tools you use

If you don't want razor bumps, you do 4 things.

1: soften the skin before shaving. This can be done with a hot towel compress a hot shower or preshave oil. The point is to get the skin supple so it's more elastic when you put a razor to it.

2: use a shave cream. dry shaving is rough on the skin and likely to cause irritation. Always shave with a cream and choose one that has a good lather and allows the blade to easily glide through the hair.

3: use a single blade razor. Someone mentioned cutting too close to the follicle earlier and they've right. The multi blades everyone uses cut too deep and make the hair grow beneath the skin once it grows back. That's what causes ingrown hairs.

When you use a single blade, you have to cut with the grain and don't apply too much pressure or you'all slice up your face. The key is short strokes and never shaving an unlathered section of your face.

4: use a aftershave balm. This guards against infection if you cut yourself and moisturizers the skin.

If you do this, I guarantee you won't get razor bumps again.

You can use the bump stoppers and stuff but I'd rather not get bumps in the first place, it causes scarring if it happens too often

Nemesis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I use a cheap bic disposable razor ..... I never have razor bumps because of this

641-563-Ethics_Dispersible_Aspirin.jpg

aspirin prevents and kills razor bumps ........ dont take my word for it.... do ya googles

and remember to give Dap

ill_will82

What you see, is what you get
Daps
I learned at 18-19 that straight razors wasn't for me. Using straight razors had my face looking like a Crunch candy bar after shaving a few times.

I been using these for over 15 yrs:

If you keep these maintained and clean you can get at least 10 yrs use out of them.