If you get razor bumps...get in here

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
This stuff right here is the truth, and it smells great. Bump patrol has an awful smell to it.

Blue Water 8 oz, facial spray and after shave
Bluewater_8oz.jpg

that's good that you found something that works for you but not everyone's hair grows the same. I copped that gold foil shaver like 5 years ago and I bumped out just as bad as I did with a razor. Just had to stick to the pre-electric shave lotion + edger/liner clippers + bump patrol regimen and give up on the baby face shave.
Pre-Electric shave lotion? What do you use?

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This stuff right here is the truth, and it smells great. Bump patrol has an awful smell to it.

Blue Water 8 oz, facial spray and after shave
Bluewater_8oz.jpg

Pre-Electric shave lotion? What do you use?
I use this joint right here, I've used the "name brand" version of this made by Afta and several other versions made by cosmetic brands and they're inferior imo. Its getting harder to find in CVS's physical stores so I usually cop like 3-4 bottles at a time on the web.

CVS Pre-Electric Shave Lotion Original - CVS.com

5042869999.jpg

Ezus Jezus

Ezus Shuttlesworth
Daps
Reppin
ONE in boy DC
So brehs..Im 33 and in the last 4 years I have started growing facial hair like a normal adult male :mjlol:

Anyway because Im a real nikka I get razor bumps from time to time.

Tried a bunch of different products...but nothing seemed to work!

This has changed.

I have been almost a month with out even a single bump......all to my new regiment.

You can do this daily.,...I do it every 2 days

1. Andis T-outliner
0002031_andis-t-outliner_300.jpeg

2 WAHL Super shaver

wahl-5-star-shaver-e1358612240634.jpg

3 (This is optional) Rubbing alcohol

4. Wash face with anti-septic bar soap.
I get this brand at the beauty store. You can smell the medicine in it.

5 Bump patrol after shave treatment (You can do this after shaving...but I do it after washing)

450.jpg

6. Moisturizer of choice. (I use Nivea)

In the past....I have never went a month not getting a razor bump...this regiment has broke the curse...even my co-worker on the sly asked me what razor I use...she was basically trying to be nice ..she wanted to know for her husband :wow:....it will work for you brehs!:mjcry:
Breh, I have been doing 1,2,4,5,and 6 for about 3 years. I fully support your findings. That's is definitely the solution. Works for me too. Funny thing is the more often I shave the less bumps I get.

Daps
nah breh, all of y'all got it wrong.

:ufdup:

when I first started shaving, all I used was andis outliners

was cool at first, but after a while, I started bumping up horribly

and I mean it was bad, brehs :huhldup:

after that, I cancelled the outliners and went to razors, and for the last 4 yrs, shaving was hell for me :to:

UNTIL this past Sunday :whew:

I tried this

put a thin coat of it on my face and then shaved

brehs, my face got smooth like I was 13 again :blessed:

If you ain't using that bumpstopper shaving gel, then you already lost :dame:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
That Wahl super shaver is inconsistent as a cut.

It can be okay on some black facial hair but it cuts at a blade depth lower than a triple out .
Any blade used past a triple out on a black face can cut below the husk and cause the hair.

To be cut to little and curl under the skin to create a razor bump.

Plus you need to learn the patterns and technical skills to cut.
So, you can stop razor bumps from being created as well.

Art Barr

Mandarin Duck

Majestic and Highfalutin
Daps
Reppin
Ponds
i don't understand why people who get razor bumps continue to use razors :mjlol:

use a clipper or trimmer so you're not cutting so close at the follicle

the results with that versus being completely clean shaven are marginal at best for most brehs
This.
I ALWAYS get razor bumps from shaving so I just don't shave anymore and use a trimmer :yeshrug:

Playa With Tha Passport

Mr International
Daps
Reppin
University City
Been about the clipper life for almost a year. Before that i had bumps damn near every time i shaved. I have no idea how some guys manage to get a close shave using a razor and not get bumps.

Unfortunately 4 us

Black men are way more prone to razor bumps then any other group of men

So U right

I dont think the average bm can even use a razor.

Daps
Reppin
StoicPhilosphers
I have been shaving with razor for a good amount of time, like 5 years now....i'm 23.....tip is before shaving take a hot shower + use shaving brush to apply shaving gel plus shave with the grain then apply bump patrol your skin will be baby smooth soft....these days I like stubble so I use a phillips beard stubble

Daps
Reppin
NULL
My problem is not razor bumps but ingrown hairs which causes infected bump with puss:scust:. I get one at least once every two weeks. I'v been using sterile needle to pull them out. Last hair was at least half inch long. Brehs, yall got any solutions:mjcry::feedme::feedme:

Mission249

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Over the years, I've spent a small fortune on different products - from expensive safety razors to expensive clippers - trying to solve my ingrown hair problem. And I've probably spent weeks of time just researching online what to do. I actually remember being on that old board SOHH asking people what to do.

No matter what I did: my hairs would grow right back into my face. My conclusion is that some brothers just can't have a baby face. All you can do is use your clippers to leave some stubble and hit the trouble spots up with bump patrol. BTW, bump patrol doesn't prevent nothing. All it does for me is dry out the skin that's over a bump and make it flake off when I wash my face - revealing and/or dislodging the ingrown hair.

Someone could make a small fortune tailoring a product line to different African-American hair textures. Maybe even let us fill out a form to describe our hair. Some of us Nigerians' hair is a little too strong to even use the Andis.