If you didn’t eat hamburgers and hot dogs like this as a youth you prolly lack character

Atlrocafella

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Georgia
And I can’t stress this enough. Part of the reason of have a strong mental toughness today

0cUERGj.jpg

g1apj8fe2zez.jpg

Mama couldn’t always splurge on the buns. I had a cousin who lived in the burbs who spent the night a lot and this nikka would complain talking about “where’s the potato rolls?”
:hhh:
Never had my burgers like that, but definitely made my hot dogs like this. Not because we couldn't afford the bun, we just ran out and I was hungry :yeshrug:

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
And I can’t stress this enough. Part of the reason of have a strong mental toughness today

0cUERGj.jpg

g1apj8fe2zez.jpg

Mama couldn’t always splurge on the buns. I had a cousin who lived in the burbs who spent the night a lot and this nikka would complain talking about “where’s the potato rolls?”
Boiled hot dogs:picard:

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:childplease:

Regular bread is hands down better than buns.

Buns is wayyy too much bread.

Which is stupid because mcdonalds/burger king/wendys buns are relatively thin.

When I eat burgers I eat either 1/2lb or 3/4lb burgers so they are already thick. But these damn store bought or bakery bought buns have and inch of bottom bun and 1.25 inches of top bun.

And for hot dogs forget it. Kids love hot dogs. There's a reason Lil kids want just the dog and not the bun. It ain't cause they don't like bread, they just get too much of it.

With my dogs I always have a pickle wedge on it. Or onions and tomato, salsa or something. Once again wayyy too much bread.

The bread ain't the star of the show, it ain't even the co-star, it's a supporting cast member. Yeah sometimes you can butter and grill the bread, toast it whatever but still, you're never like "Man I want some tasty ass bread! Lemme make a burger or hot dog!" It's the other way around.

You know what you were hungry for and it wasn't bread.

I prefer bread slices on my shyt.

Meat:Bread ratio

Most broke people end up eating more bread.

Daps
The thing is, we could afford it, but my mom didn’t buy buns that often, and those hotdogs were usually a spur of the moment meal.

GoAggieGo.

getting blitzed.
Daps
Reppin
ATL via Tre 4
Pop used to come home with some ground beef, bread, and potatoes.

Knew we were having burgers and homemade fries :ooh:

Load my burger with ketchup, mustard, and cheese. Would be a mess by my last 2/3 bites. I still do the hot dog on bread thing now when I don’t feel like hitting the store for some buns.

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch

0cUERGj.jpg

g1apj8fe2zez.jpg

had to fold those Wonder Bread slices with precision so that it wouldn’t break on the bottom of the hot dogs.

simple times and we struggled a lot back in the day.

But i miss it.

I’d give everything to have everyone from those times back :mjcry: