IF YOU ARE UNDER 25 NAME YOUR TOP 5 ALL TIME RAPPERS

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
So far.....from what is see the under 25 list of top5 are similar to mine. I'm guessing the reason being is because we are bloggers and we are all up on the coli so you all know the legends well. But some of these young kids don't have a clue about top 5. You get kids that say Future, Meek Mill, Drake, Migos, etc....its crazy. For a second I thought this generation was lost but then again it still might be because most of these kids are not aware of how good hip hop was except for the ones that are on this site. So if you don't have anyone to teach or for you to read about I guess you would come up with these corny ass top 5 lists.
why not tho? that's who's dominating radio and making the music that's going to shape their memories...personal top 5 vs trying to spit out what you think is an objective top 5 are different. i mean kanye is in my top 5 but i'd never drop him in an"objective" list

InfamousThoro

All Star
Daps
I'm interested in hearing the metric you guys used to come up with your lists. For me, I separated it into 3 categories
1. How much I care about your past work
2. How much I value your current music
3. How anticipated am I to hear another project

I feel it's flawed because it segregated many of the great 90s and early 00's rappers. If i remove my own bias and look at it simply by their primes the people closest to my definition of a perfect rapper it's

1. Jay z
2. Lauryn hill
3. Pimp C
4. AZ
5. 50

Followed by Nas and Ye

I don't look at this metric for my overall list. Do you value 50's current music?

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
Currently:
Freddie Gibbs
Pusha T
Goldlink
Night Lovell
Dom Kennedy

HM: Tre Capital and Indica

OAT
Mos Def
Jay Electronica
Ghostface/Raekwon
Big L
Project Pat

HM: Rakim and Nas

EDIT: I'm 22 born in '94, also list are subject to change. Gibbs and Pusha will surely make their way into my GOAT list not now but probably in the near future

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Sukairain

Shahenshah
Daps
Reppin
Straiya
I'm 23 and I would pick these 5 as the best:

2Pac, Big Daddy Kane, Big L, Nas, and Biggie