IF YOU ARE UNDER 25 NAME YOUR TOP 5 ALL TIME RAPPERS

The Exchanges

All Star
Daps
Nah the funny thing is I grew up around Vol 2. Cube and You Can Do It etc.

It's just about doing your homework and going back to revisit stuff...then when I listened to AMW and onwards, I realised he was the GOAT
I thought that nikka was a cornball actor until I was 14 since all my family did was quote friday when the opportunity arise.. :wow:

Then my uncle Derrick put me on. He not in my favs but pac and other legends aren't in my favs either. Don't deny their greatness though.

SAINT

All $ IN
Supporter
Daps
Kanye
Rozay
Kendrick
Jay
Nas

21 years old:flabbynsick:

Honorable ment. AZ, 50, thug,Cam, pusha

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
He was a beast back then and all my dad listened to other than Rakim, LL, D-Block, and Drag-on/Mystikal. :ahh:

His prayers were uplifting. :blessed:

His bars were dirty and full of emotion. :demonic:

Them dog barks. :noah:

Lastly, He was in Def Jam Vendetta and had the 2nd best finisher in the game

Even had his own Arena. :youngsabo:

Actually all of that makes perfect sense

It was your parents music

:ohhh:

I thought the same thing when lonzo ball threw dmx on his list between future, Wayne, and kendrick.

Basically it's the same reason why nikkas in their mid 30's (like me) fukk with anita baker. A lot of us grew up on that shyt thanks to our parents :russ:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
The craziest shyt is y'all talking about listening to "your parent's music" and it being rap :bryan:

Nothing beats being raised by parents who grew up on 60s/70s soul and being told to "turn that mess off" :blessed: :pachaha:

:flabbynsick:

Edit: some pretty decent lists - except those of y'all who got Wayne top 5 :picard:

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Lupe
Kendrick
Jay
MF Doom
[I want to say Jay Electronica, but his lazy-ass don't drop an album]
Pusha T
I also like Royce freestyles more than anything else, and Bog KRIT in combination with his production, but they'd probably fall 6 and 7

DMGAINGREEN

Transitioning from Sec 8 to tha Sky scrapes
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bronx
I'm 21 and the DMX/Ruff Ryders movement is my earliest memory of Hip Hop , me and my cousin used to run around the house wildin with Ryde or Die Vol 1 or Flesh of my flesh blood of my blood playing in the background when I was 3/4 . Wouldn't be surprised if most nikkas born in the mid 90 share that same experience

Kinda surprised at dmx making these top 5 lists for the 25 and younger crowd.

No hate at all, just surprised.

I liked his albums and still listen to a song of his here and there but still... Kinda surprised :skip:

FS4LFE

Veteran
Daps
I'm 21.

All Time: (not my favorites but if I had to make an un-bias list)
Hov
Nas
Pac
Snoop
Cube

Personal Top 5:

1) Hov
2) GFK
3) Wayne
4) Kendrick
5) Still up for grabs honestly.

Current:
Kendrick
Kendrick
Kendrick
Kendrick
Kendrick

Everyone right now is fighting for second place. Kendrick is ahead of his peers.

SHINE

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So far.....from what is see the under 25 list of top5 are similar to mine. I'm guessing the reason being is because we are bloggers and we are all up on the coli so you all know the legends well. But some of these young kids don't have a clue about top 5. You get kids that say Future, Meek Mill, Drake, Migos, etc....its crazy. For a second I thought this generation was lost but then again it still might be because most of these kids are not aware of how good hip hop was except for the ones that are on this site. So if you don't have anyone to teach or for you to read about I guess you would come up with these corny ass top 5 lists.

SAINT

All $ IN
Supporter
Daps
I'm interested in hearing the metric you guys used to come up with your lists. For me, I separated it into 3 categories
1. How much I care about your past work
2. How much I value your current music
3. How anticipated am I to hear another project

I feel it's flawed because it segregated many of the great 90s and early 00's rappers. If i remove my own bias and look at it simply by their primes the people closest to my definition of a perfect rapper it's

1. Jay z
2. Lauryn hill
3. Pimp C
4. AZ
5. 50

Followed by Nas and Ye