If this doesn’t prove that them people planted Drake into the music industry…

Daps
Reppin
NULL
“I was birthed up top but raised at the bottom of the map”

They first angle was that Drake was a Memphis nikka :mjlol:

He came out of nowhere with a full budget video and a Trey songs feature and got played on BET:mjlol:

It didn’t work so the put him with Wayne and spun the block.

Daps
Drake grinded underground for a couple years while he was still filming Degrassi if memory serves me correctly. Being in the industry probably helped cause I'm sure he made valuable connections that helped him link up with the ppl who helped make him a star along the way. He did spend summers in Memphis with his dad as a youth.

As an example, Kobe got on the radio on a Brian McKnight song when Brian was in his prime and if he wasn't Kobe and already in the industry in some way, he never gets on that track.

DonB90

Superstar
Daps
Drake grinded underground for a couple years while he was still filming Degrassi if memory serves me correctly. Being in the industry probably helped cause I'm sure he made valuable connections that helped him link up with the ppl who helped make him a star along the way. He did spend summers in Memphis with his dad as a youth.
Ain't nothing remotely Memphis about this man:comeon:

Plankton

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bikini Bottom
At the end of the day Drake dominated the 2010's and his domination still continues in the 2020's He provided the streets and the pop stations with hit after hit. That fact is etched in stone. He obviously came in the game connected but he isn't the first to do that. At the end of the day, however he came in the game, he did his job by providing the countless hit songs, including the song posted in the OP.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
So Memphis is just one large hood, right? To step out of his front door he would have seen dope boys selling crack damn near on his doorstep right?:mjpls:
He said he was “raised at the bottom of the map” which he has since abandoned. He visited his absentee father during a couple summers. You think he attended school in Memphis with that Supercuts hairline he was rocking at that age? :mjlol:

He didn’t step foot into a black barbershop until he was like 21 years old

Daps
He said he was “raised at the bottom of the map” which he has since abandoned. He visited his absentee father during a couple summers. You think he attended school in Memphis with that Supercuts hairline he was rocking at that age? :mjlol:

He didn’t step foot into a black barbershop until he was like 21 years old

So who cut his hair the entire summer? That's a couple of months :dwillhuh:

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

As an example, Kobe got on the radio on a Brian McKnight song when Brian was in his prime and if he wasn't Kobe and already in the industry in some way, he never gets on that track.
wasnt some guy named nickelus F writing his shyt all the way back then? :mjlol:

Pazzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Drake actually had a few internet mixtapes back around 2007 or 06. Somehow he had a lil wayne feature on one of his internet mixtapes. They originally tried to market him as a child star turned mixtape rapper. He never had a buzz off of them only a couple of threads on a few web forums. There was some fake beef he had with another unknown rapper from toronto where his web team was promoting some diss record on his comeback season mixtape. One of his people tried to push him on sohh and nobody really cared like that. He was suddenly elevated by the industry after his so far gone mixtape and they lied claiming he had a buzz before that off of his internet mixtapes. :mjlol: i remember this very well. Dude been a fraud even with his web mixtapes with a lil wayne feature. :camby:

last time i checked, the labels didnt just let signed artists feature on unsigned artists mixtapes. You needed their permission. Drake who was allegedly unsigned had a lil wayne feature.

Last edited: