If They Are Going to Gentrify Atlanta... We Should Get Violent

PhillyzFinest

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The good brehs of PHI
In Gentrifying Atlanta, Black-Owned Food Businesses Are Banding Together to Survive—and Thrive
Keitra Bates lost her restaurant due to a rent hike. Now she’s fighting to protect other Black entrepreneurs from the same fate.

Marddys-Kitchen-Kietra-Portrait.jpg

Driving her minivan through Atlanta’s historic West End, Keitra Bates points out the signs of change. There are patterns, she tells me, when it comes to determining which houses are occupied by long-term Black residents and which ones belong to the mostly white newcomers. Patterns you might not notice if you don’t know what to look for.

“This one kind of throws you off,” she says, nodding toward a squat gray bungalow. “’Cause you’re like, ‘That’s an inside couch, out on the porch. Maybe it’s not gentrified?’ But then you see the Prius, and then you see the landscaping. And you’re like, ‘Oh, okay. That’s more like it.’”

Through the passenger window, riding past block after block patchworked with renovations and For Sale signs, I begin to notice the patterns too. Soon they become impossible not to notice. “Yep, the colors of gentrification,” Bates sighs. “Blue houses, gray houses, yellow doors, red doors. It’s like a smoke signal.”

Honestly? I'm so sick of this shyt.

They can have a whole lot of cities, but they can't have Atlanta.

Whenever white people want to move black people out of the way, they do this. And if push comes to shove, they get violent.

HOW MANY NEIGHBORHOODS HAVE BEEN DESTROYED BECAUSE OF CACS.

I say we do the same thing we do to them:

Burn it down. Shoot it up. Torment them. March and yell insults. Make them completely uncomfortable.

F IT. :birdman::demonic:

Daps
Atlanta is one of the most gentrfied cities in the US :russ:
i need you nikkas to learn what gentrification is:russ:
This is true... if you have more money than the average person living in the community you move to, it’s gentrification... your property value going up is part of gentrification... businesses opening up in that community is part of gentrification. Can’t really have one without the other. Trade offs

Daps
Reppin
Westside Atl Perry Homes
Or you could have just bought a property, you had like 7 years of great prices:manny:. 2009 they literally paid me to buy my house.
This. I got so many homies sitting on long dough. Whenever I bring up the property round here (westside) they legit have lame ass excuses why they didn't, couldn't or wouldn't buy up this shyt. Yea, the money may be illegal, but the hustle is not. They are gentrification the hell out of my hood, but at the same time, nikkaZ I KNOW, been sitting on the bag for a minute, and aint did shyt.

paperbag

Death to the demoness Allegra Geller
Daps
This. I got so many homies sitting on long dough. Whenever I bring up the property round here (westside) they legit have lame ass excuses why they didn't, couldn't or wouldn't buy up this shyt. Yea, the money may be illegal, but the hustle is not. They are gentrification the hell out of my hood, but at the same time, nikkaZ I KNOW, been sitting on the bag for a minute, and aint did shyt.
Biden already said he's going to do a 15k credit, people need to take the next 6 months get their credit together and be prepared to pounce. Prices are horrible but it's offset by the low interest rates and 15 freaking k.

You only need a 580 fico for FHA loans people.