If the PS5 turns out to be $399 where does that leave Lockhart?

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
If the PS5 turns out to be $399, Microsoft would be trapped regarding the Lockhart.

If they try and match Sony price for price with the Series X then the Lockhart would be either $299 or a ridiculously cheap $199. That would be a huge loss of money for them.

If the Series X is $499 and the Lockhart is $299, for just a $100 more a consumer can get a PS5 which is way more powerful than the 4tf Lockhart, making it useless.

Od course all this depends on price but Sony can clean house at $399 easily.
So you wishing the ps5 will be $400 :mjlol:
And to answer this dumb ass question then yes, $200. They'd lose the same amount they'd lose on series x if that was 400. But while you're focusing on that you're forgetting the cloud makes the need for a console obsolete. Xcloud can do series s right now. Worrying about system cost is a Sony problem :hhh:
Nah. They make billions a year from PSN and Psnow alone and they can make that back from there.
And you think Microsoft isn't in a position to do the same or more :usure: Microsoft will be getting a cut of those psn profits too :banderas:
But you willing to drop $500 for BC and extra 15%-18% computational power albeit slower console?
And you're willing to drop $500 for LIMITED BC and a negative 15%-18% computational power, albeit faster SSD but lack of real time ray tracing?

MMA

Superstar
Daps
Console war on here :unimpressed:

We need both systems, if Sony is the only system around in this department, they'd charge 600+ for their new console.

If you have to complain about spending 500 every 3 years for a console, you shouldn't even be discussing it.

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps
I have not ever copped an x box but if Lockhart is $200-300 I might cop one. Dunno how I feel bout not being able to cop discs at all tho :francis:

$399 would be a good price for launch (PS5) but with PS4s being hard to find brand new and still not under $299, I dunno bout that one :francis:

Also does BC mean I can transfer my digital games from PS4, PS+ games, etc? Or is it just for PS4 discs? :lupe:

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps
Thank god I never bought an Xbox One X. Would've been a huge waste of money.

That’s one of the reasons I asked about BC

I see PS5 will have 100 PS4 titles at first but will eventually have damn near if not all of them which is cool

But what about the digital games we copped for PS4 and the PS+ games for PS4? Does BC include that or is it just for PS4 discs?

If so I might cop a PS5 when it drop which will be the first time I ever copped a system less than 2 calendar years after it dropped. :wow:

If not ima have to do what I usually do and wait till I’m completely done with this gen :francis:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

I see PS5 will have 100 PS4 titles at first but will eventually have damn near if not all of them which is cool

But what about the digital games we copped for PS4 and the PS+ games for PS4? Does BC include that or is it just for PS4 discs?

If so I might cop a PS5 when it drop which will be the first time I ever copped a system less than 2 calendar years after it dropped. :wow:

If not ima have to do what I usually do and wait till I’m completely done with this gen :francis:
Nah it will have most of them at launch, not 100. The 100 games are the top games that will be boosted/improved from the hardware but all the other games should work.

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps
Nah it will have most of them at launch, not 100. The 100 games are the top games that will be boosted/improved from the hardware but all the other games should work.

I just hope I can transfer my digital PS4 games over and play PS Now. If those 2 are a go I’ll prolly cop right away. :myman:

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
Thank god I never bought an Xbox One X. Would've been a huge waste of money.
Butt the ps4pro which is weaker and a smaller jump is not a waste of money? It's a question, feel free to dodge it...

Your games should just transfer over, xbox been doing it that way going into a 3rd gen now :manny: but I would like to focus on the bold. Sony don't know what they'll have ready but they hope to have 100 games enhanced and will likely never get to the rest. They would only do something like that if they didn't have ps5 content to give you. This is how Sony moves, otherwise you'd have backwards compatibility all the way back to the ps1, the ps3 did. Xbox does it, pc does it. It can run an unreal engine 5 tech demo but it can't run killzone 2 :gucci: bruh, trust me, don't assume shyt. You should already know details by now but you don't. You not knowing isn't a Sony strategy against Microsoft. It's just a sad reality :hubie: