If the PS5 turns out to be $399 where does that leave Lockhart?

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
The argument over teraflops
I was referring to people think that determines the price as the leap from 6 to 12 teraflops from this gen to next gen. Im saying thats not gonna effect the pricing much as thats the point of advancing technology with new gpus over years but at similar price points.
There is NO WAY the PS4 will be $399 at launch

They will be losing money they wont be getting back

consoles are traditionally sold at a loss and make it back on subscriptions and game % sales

I believe the ps4 was the first sony console that broke even on pricing 1st day.

with how big psn has grown, and micro transactions from free to play games that they get a % from, I doubt they mind losing $50-100 on initial sales

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I was referring to people think that determines the price as the leap from 6 to 12 teraflops from this gen to next gen. Im saying thats not gonna effect the pricing much as thats the point of advancing technology with new gpus over years but at similar price points.

consoles are traditionally sold at a loss and make it back on subscriptions and game % sales

I believe the ps4 was the first sony console that broke even on pricing 1st day.

with how big psn has grown, and micro transactions from free to play games that they get a % from, I doubt they mind losing $50-100 on initial sales.

The CFO is the CEO now so I hope he won't be a cheap ass and not want to break what worked

Last edited:

Auger

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
6ix

with how big psn has grown, and micro transactions from free to play games that they get a % from, I doubt they mind losing $50-100 on initial sales
yes, but consoles in the past didn't contain components that are as specific and made to order as the PS5 will.

The PS5 cpu will be more advanced at launch than what the PS4 cpu was at launch.

Trust me, they will try to minimize the loss per unit sold until they can create model that maximizes their production efficiencies (i.e. PS5 slim etc..)

Last edited:

The Wolf Among You

Superstar
Daps
If the Series X is $499 and the Lockhart is $299, for just a $100 more a consumer can get a PS5 which is way more powerful than the 4tf Lockhart, making it useless.

That’s not exactly true. There is always a market for a cheaper option, even if it’s not that much cheaper than a better choice.
A $300 Lockhart with an emphasis on GamePass has the potential to do better than the XSX if Microsoft markets it correctly.

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
There is NO WAY the PS5 will be $399 at launch

They will be losing money they wont be getting back
Nah. They make billions a year from PSN and Psnow alone and they can make that back from there.

Auger

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
6ix
Nah. They make billions a year from PSN and Psnow alone and they can make that back from there.
Or they wont and not eat into their own revenue?

If most early adopters are willing to spend $499 why would they pass up that opportunity to instead instead lose money per unit sold. I know shareholders aren't going to like that.

CodeKansas

Superstar
Daps
5'll be $499. $399 and they'll be losing too much money on each sale, even though they still will at $499. They better be figuring out how to sweeten the pot with them + subs, though.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:what: 4 generations in and people still questioning Sony’s ability to support its consoles with a plethora of games? Especially when you don’t even know launch line-up? Plus vast majority of PS4 games will work on it for you BC wrestlers

I get that nikkas have preferences but this shyt just retarded
Sony has never ever had a launch where I thought "I really need one of these day one" Ps2 was kinda the exception with bouncer... I was geeked over that game.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You’d know all about that tho wouldn’t you :mjgrin:

I've probably played more games I wouldn't have given a chance because of xbox gamepass than you have on the entirety of the PS4, especially since all you seem to mention is 1st party titles