If the Miami Heat make the 2023 NBA Finals - Jimmy Butler is guaranteed to be a Hall of Famer

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
He is and the playoff run would be easy Top ten if he makes the finals and at least top three if he wins it.
Beating the Bucks without Giannis most the series and the Knicks isn’t some epic playoff run. Beating the Celtics would be the first legit series this run. And that depends on who you talk to about the Celtics being legit. I think they are, but many people don’t consider them real contenders and it’s very arguable.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
All you bytch ass nikkas.

Who was mad at my all time bulls starters.

who had an issue.
with why I had Jimmy as my sg on my all time bulls team.

Jordan
Butler
Rose
grant
atrain

Hope you don't even remember.
so I can remind you with shrapnel in ya back.

i been told y'all bout schlup'n it scottie too.

Come get yo table.

After this run and I pull receipts.

nikkaz going throughed't the tables of time.
nikka getting put throughed't it.
Whole lot of prophecy this season. A whole lot of tables getting brought in.
after this season and for tables month 2024.

Art Barr

Mr. Brown

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Miami
Giannis missed 2 out of 5 games (1 of which was the only game they won). The Heat were up double digits in game 1 when he got hurt. Then in the 2 games with Giannis back, he put up 56 and 42 to close them out. That series counts

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Idk where he was generally placed before, but Dirk is pretty close.

Dirk was already way higher in the career rankings when 2011 came.

Dirk before 2011 postseason
Won MVP
3 top-3 MVP finishes, 7 finishes better than 10th
11-time All-NBA
4-time 1st-team All-NBA
5-time 25+ppg scorer
20,000+ career points

Butler before 2023 postseason
no MVPs
never finished better than 10th in MVP race
5-time All-NBA
never 1st-team All-NBA
never averaged even 24ppg in a season
13,688 career points

In terms of overall accolades, Dirk was way, way ahead of Jimmy at this stage of his career. Being the #1 in a completely unexpected Finals run boosted Dirk a lot, but he was already in that rare group of MVP winners and consistently top-of-the-top players.

Jimmy wasn't even a top-75 player in the October 2021 list, and between then and April 2023 he hadn't done a huge amount to raise his stock. You don't go from borderline top-75 to top-15 based off a single playoff run.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Reggie Miller

5x All Star
3x All NBA
And currently is top 75

Reggie Miller gets waaaay overrated because of narratives. The legendary 4th quarter bursts, the feuds with Spike Lee, having an MJ rivalry, and being the best shooter of his era mean that his memories are much greater than his impact.

Miller is one of my favorite players ever almost solely because of those particular fourth quarter outbursts against the Knicks. But I can recognize that he wasn't one of the greatest players ever in the same way.

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
How would this run compare to Wade 2006 run?
Better...06 Miami was a championship contender and were a contender as soon as they got Shaq and were favorites...people thought Mia would lose to Chicago in the play in...Miami was on nobody's radar...we're up 2-0 and we still only have a 37% chance to win this series according to "experts"

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
Dirk was already way higher in the career rankings when 2011 came.

Dirk before 2011 postseason
Won MVP
3 top-3 MVP finishes, 7 finishes better than 10th
11-time All-NBA
4-time 1st-team All-NBA
5-time 25+ppg scorer
20,000+ career points

Butler before 2023 postseason
no MVPs
never finished better than 10th in MVP race
5-time All-NBA
never 1st-team All-NBA
never averaged even 24ppg in a season
13,688 career points

In terms of overall accolades, Dirk was way, way ahead of Jimmy at this stage of his career. Being the #1 in a completely unexpected Finals run boosted Dirk a lot, but he was already in that rare group of MVP winners and consistently top-of-the-top players.

Jimmy wasn't even a top-75 player in the October 2021 list, and between then and April 2023 he hadn't done a huge amount to raise his stock. You don't go from borderline top-75 to top-15 based off a single playoff run.
He was ahead of Jimmy but I'm saying he essentially leaped over the same volume of players. I agree Jimmy is not Top 15/20 with a single run/title.

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
He's already in the hall of fame if he retired today :mjlol: Folks, making basketball hall of fame is not a tough thing to do.

Tracy McGrady is a 1st ballot hall of fame, with Doc Rivers and JVG ruining his basketball career.