If the Miami Heat make the 2023 NBA Finals - Jimmy Butler is guaranteed to be a Hall of Famer

Black Excellence

All Star
Daps
Off one title:skip:
Y’all bias is showing
Ain’t that right @CHICAGO :pachaha:
Sneak dapping this goofy shyt:russ:
No doubt Tomball Jimmy doing his thing
But this right here:dead:
I mean is it so crazy to think that?

An 8 seed not only beating a 1 seed but potentially TWO 1 seeds in the same playoffs without his 2nd/3rd option & a couple undrafted players?

It’s a conversation at the very least :hubie:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
A perimeter player doesn’t normally score more points and more efficiently in the playoffs. Reggie Miller was one of the few that did that.

Butler is a HOFer and has been for a few seasons.

letti cook

Superstar
Daps
im rooting for this run because Bill Simmons called it and i love hearing him dejected about his Celtics...he warned Ryan Russillo before the playoffs started that Miami was under the radar and going to be a problem...called them the Zombie Heat....I'm Mike Jack popcorn gifing when the heat get them nikkas outta here and he drop that 2hour pod crying...and yeah Jimmy a HOF regardless

Daps
Top 20 is more or less considered some version of this:

Mike, LeBron, Kareem, Magic, Wilt
Bird, Kobe, Russell, Duncan, Shaq
O, KD, Dream, Logo, Moses
Mailman, Steph, Erving, Baylor, KG

So he's going from being on virtually no one's Top 75 board to being better than Malone II, Steph, Dr J, Baylor and Garnett, while also knocking down someone else above that level?

You like the stats stuff so I’ll ask you a sincere question…

How many nikkax have lead their teams to at least a finals appearance along with three conference finals appearances?

I’m sure that list isn’t that big AT ALL. Then we have to start about the other shyt…

Beat a #1 seed twice that was heavily favored with the best player in the game in convincing fashion

Another Finals appearance on the horizon? Maybe a title? Maybe a Finals MVP?

Then look at his teammates…Granted Spo & Riley get the last drop out of the bottle but all of these guys are cast offs aside from Bam at this point

Son this shyt is a cheesy Disney movie come to life..

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4

How many nikkax have lead their teams to at least a finals appearance along with three conference finals appearances?

I’m sure that list isn’t that big AT ALL. Then we have to start about the other shyt…

Beat a #1 seed twice that was heavily favored with the best player in the game in convincing fashion

Then look at his teammates…Granted Spo & Riley get the last drop out of the bottle but all of these guys are cast offs aside from Bam at this point

:heh:

Yup none of these other dudes would start for the majority of nba teams

I can't think of another team max strus, kevin love or gabe vincent would start a regular season game let alone in the playoffs

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
How would this run compare to Wade 2006 run?
Nah this is better than Wade's overrated '06 run. Shaq was the best player in the ECF for Miami. Wade just had a strong Finals...

Ironically the post-Mike era coincides with my basketball life, as the '99 season is the year I started following The Game. Both Jimmy and Jokic are on some big time, historic runs right now. Bout the only things I'd compare it to would be early 00s Shaq (multiple runs), Duncan (multiple runs), Comeback Kobe, '11 Dirk, LeBron (multiple runs), and '19 Kawhi ('17 is really close to this level though)...

Thats it. For me this run is already in a class of 6 for the post-Mike NBA, now a class of 8 because Jokic is also on the bullshyt in the other bracket too. And a Finals with two guys on All-Time runs is The Finals everybody got robbed of in '19 when Durant got hurt, so we should want Jokic vs Butler...
Idk where he was generally placed before, but Dirk is pretty close.
Close but Dirk did have an MVP and two other Top 5 finishes well before his run, that Jimmy has never had. To go along with his one Finals appearance and two WCF appearances pre-run, that match Jimmy. Dirk was on the lower end of Top 50 but he was already a dozen years in and considered the GOAT European befire he won his ring...

It's not the stats I value, I value the postseason and history (a player's history, and history of The Game) more than anything. But everything has nuance and I'm with everyone that Jimmy's profile has heightened greatly in a historical sense...

The problem here is cats can't objectively evaluate a player's career because dudes are in the moment. The bump to "Top 15" is the same shyt nikkas were doing around here when Giannis won in '21...when Kawhi won it in '19...and dudes rushing Durant and Curry to Top 10 2+ years ago...

It's the epitome of casual, hot take culture, within The Culture, because most heads have no knowledge or respect for the history of the sport or the heavyweights who put in work prior...

Winning a title as an 8-seed is unprecedented, and if they do that, he'll get his flowers accordingly---->he's already getting them now. Getting to The Finals and beating better teams along the way as an 8 isn't exactly unprecedented though, and I've had to listen to dudes on here downplay Mo's career and his work when his '81 Rockets was also a team of misfits and this nikka as an essential 8-seed (there were only 6 seeds per conference until '84) was smoking everything in his path...

That Rockets team had a losing record, by the way, and Mo got em to The Finals and got two games off Bird and the C's. So this particular point isn't directed at you specifically g, but the board in general;

I've already stated his run this postseason is one of the Top 8 I've witnessed with my own eyes, but it's not the first time this has happened, and if I'm asked to scale the level of dominance, I gotta put it underneath the peak playoff versions I saw from Duncan, Shaq, Kawhi, and LeBron, but it's right under there. This is a level of play greater than I ever saw from Dirk and Kobe. He's on a different level but this isn't the highest I've ever seen a player go...

Cats will get insulted by me saying this is a Top 5 playoff run I've seen instead of calling it the best 🤣 because nikkas gonna ignore Jokic doing the same shyt on the other bracket and nikkas will definitely ignore shyt they never saw like '81 Moses or any of his other years for that matter (he actually won it all two years later and was STILL smoking nikkas)...

My answer to you isn't finished, I'm adding more below...

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
Close but Dirk did have an MVP and two other Top 5 finishes well before his run, that Jimmy has never had. To go along with his one Finals appearance and two WCF appearances pre-run, that match Jimmy. Dirk was on the lower end of Top 50 but he was already a dozen years in and considered the GOAT European befire he won his ring...
He had those things, but as you said, he was lower end of the Top 50 in 2010. This Top 20 shyt is off of one run. Jimmy going from not mentioned in the Top 75 to where he'd (realistically) land is extremely close.

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC

Assuming Jimmy wins this series, it'll be his second Finals appearance + third ECF run. The list of guys who've led minimum 2 Finals/3 conference finals are guys you should expect:

Mike, Bron, Kareem, Magic, Wilt, Bird, Kobe, Russell, Duncan, Shaq, KD, Hakeem, Moses, Karl, Steph, Dr J, Baylor, Dirk, Zeke, Barry, Pettit, Mikan, Big E, Cowens. That's about it but that's still 24 guys. It is a rare feat but the list is longer than you'd think...

This run is already historic, if he wins it all as a 44-win 8 seed it'll have a strong case as greatest playoff run ever. That's a different statement than saying, it makes him Top 15 ever (no), or is the level of play he's shown the highest bar I've ever seen (no). But it's already a historic run with greatest ever potential...

I think the other shyt lost in here is that we watch Jimmy's career, a full dozen years now. That's a whole career. These last 4 years have been the hottest shyt of his life, but it is still just 4 years of 12. This is not who he's been for all, or even most, of his career, so are dudes really saying this run puts him in a historical tier with Steph and Durant? Is that really what dudes are suggesting?

Two guys who've played in his sane era and have been flatly better than Jimmy year in, year out, there are dudes who will tell you those guys are still greater than Jimmy. This is what cats are suggesting with this Top 15-20 shyt, this puts him on a historical level with two guys of his same era who have been greater players damn near every year of Jimmy's career...

This same era Kawhi has been better year for year...

We gotta pump the brakes. You can give nikkas flowers accordingly without jumping haphazardly out the window...

We never saw this Jimmy anywhere else. We've seen this from Kawhi in three different places, Durant in three different places. He's churned a HOF career from nothing, and put himself into All-Time conversations from nothing...

We can give Jimmy his flowers without going completely ignorant wuth the praise...
He had those things, but as you said, he was lower end of the Top 50 in 2010. This Top 20 shyt is off of one run. Jimmy going from not mentioned in the Top 75 to where he'd (realistically) land is extremely close.
I think where I disagree is that this makes him Top 20. This run puts him from not mentioned at all to realistically Top 50. It ain't Not mentioned at all to GOAT20...

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
I think where I disagree is that this makes him Top 20. This run puts him from not mentioned at all to realistically Top 50. It ain't Not mentioned at all to GOAT20...
I'm not saying that Jimmy will be Top 20. We agree, that's a bit ridiculous. I'm saying Dirk's jump from 40-50 to generally being seen as Top 20, is equal to Jimmy not being mentioned to being Top 50.

Jimmy is leaping over just as many great players.