If The Arcadium Got A Subform?

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
:martin: The Film Room has just as many impressions/views/ messages as the Arcadium, but with less threads. That shows more engaging threads and conversations are taking place.

Now look at the last 2 pages here already turned into a Stan Wars thread. I don’t even wanna post in here now.
Not only that, they'll have a discussion on the medium every once in a while, I'd like if we could just talk about games sometimes:heh:

Reminds me of those bloodborne threads

Hey_zeus

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
A console war sub would kill this forum. Stans/trolls are the life blood of this thing for better and worse. On a positive note, some mfs would disappear for good. the dualities of life:jbhmm:

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
Im surprised anyone would honestly want the stan wars to go away. It's one of the most entertaining things on the Coli.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive

:bryan: Ol buddy was on one with that Bloodborne he was writing manifestos against bloodborne like he was the Unabomber.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
:martin: The Film Room has just as many impressions/views/ messages as the Arcadium, but with less threads. That shows more engaging threads and conversations are taking place.

Now look at the last 2 pages here already turned into a Stan Wars thread. I don’t even wanna post in here now.
film room pretty much has the Marvel vs DC bullshyt and thats it. and those threads make up less than 10 percent of the active discussions in the section. its def easier to have an engaging discussion there.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Funny thing is most actual game threads dont have that much warring, especially after its released and people are playing it.

The people who don’t engage in actual game discussions and want to feel offended over very obvious warring topics are doing it to themselves :yeshrug:

Main people complaining about console warring never actually contribute to game discussions or start new topics

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Almost all my friends that really care about games have a PC with one console and pirate almost everything. I got into a back and forth with an older poster here that was spending about $1,200 on pre-orders and new copies/deluxe editions of games for console. I sent him a link like 'bro that's a waste of money use this' and he seemed proud of the receipt, posted it as a flex.

I thought he was complaining about the price :heh:
:dead:

Diondon

Thanks to the lawyers uh, I marbled the foyer
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere tropic...
If anything, general tech - phones, laptops, tvs, receivers etc.
I've wanted a stickied game pics thread for a while
all modern consoles can share to Twitter or other social media

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
:bryan: Ol buddy was on one with that Bloodborne he was writing manifestos against bloodborne like he was the Unabomber.

I really love those posts, like a more casual r/truegaming, and they encourage me to be on here more, it's no coincidence that you see different/new posters participating. Following a standard release thread is fun when it's new, and you're playing the game along with everyone else, but that's not how we all play games. I just beat dead space a couple weeks ago, I'm currently playing Pillars of Eternity and Yakuza Kiwami, some of us just like games and enjoy talking about them without needing to be part of the zeitgeist. Not even mentioning the fact that a lot of these game threads are 2 or 3 people making 70% of the posts. The more open discussion threads have everyone wanting to add their opinion and experience with a game, as opposed to picking a side and dapping the response you agree with.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
A console war sub would kill this forum. Stans/trolls are the life blood of this thing for better and worse. On a positive note, some mfs would disappear for good. the dualities of life:jbhmm:
console wars drowned out all the regular dialogue years ago lol.

of course people say "this forum would die without stans" - they ran off everyone else now its only them posting rapid fire day and night

MajesticLion

Superstar
Daps
PC Gamers yall… :francis:

Brag about stealing games and in the same breath cry about how unfair Denuvo is

Standard ResetGAF babble from someone who offered up this gem of marketing logic earlier:

2024 is like the first year so far in gaming we haven’t had a popular pick for GOTY by now. I feel like its because all the big hyped games launched this year and nothing big has been announced for next year

:rudy: