If eating fried fish & spaghetti is normal from where you’re from please post your city or state.

Black Haven

We will find another road to glory!!!
Daps
Not the responses I expected but anyways time for a little history
Italians have long been in the American South as explorers, agricultural and railroad workers, and eventually, entrepreneurs. A large number of Italians settled in Louisiana and Mississippi in the late 1800s and early 1900s. Italian and Greek restaurateurs featured pasta dishes on their menus. African Americans in the South became familiar with spaghetti by either patronizing these restaurants or cooking it at the public places or private homes where they worked — and eventually, their own homes.

Thus, black Southerners were early adopters of spaghetti decades before the dish entered the American mainstream.

Those leaving the Mississippi Delta area tended to head north to major cities along the Mississippi River and beyond: Memphis, St. Louis, Chicago, Detroit, and Milwaukee. It’s no coincidence that the people who gave fried fish and spaghetti the most love have connections to those cities — and occasionally a far-flung place like Denver
Is Fried Fish and Spaghetti Soul Food’s Most Debatable Dish?

AlbertPullhoez

The Takeover
Daps
Reppin
Deuce Dime, TX
Love both fried fish and spaghetti but never had them together.

As a Texas nikka I can't even think or remember ever seeing a place that served both together

Yaboysix

That nikka
Daps
Reppin
Tampa Florida
G-Dep was the first and only time i ever heard of that Bullshyt..

Now Fried chicken and spaghetti... That's a thing down here.
:russ:

My BM used to make sphagetti with fried chicken wings on the side, and whenever i asked her why,she'd always say .

" i can just make chicken for us ,and you don't have to have none"
:usure:

Hold up now! I ain't gonna turn down no free fried chicken!

:feedme:

Asicz

Presume the unpredictable
Daps
Down here in Louisiana where we are blessed to have some of the best cuisine in the states...I’d have to give that a hell nah around here for that combo.

My fam is from Louisiana and New Orleans we had fried fish and spaghetti

Also I know your Moms had to have that Garlic bread package on deck unless you were a legit heathen.

Last edited:

SHO-NUFF

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOMETHIN REAL FO YO ASS IN THESE HANDS!!!!
Fish and pasta is pretty common in a lot of places, especially costal cities. I dunno if that’s the case in, say, Oklahoma. But Italian food, Asian food, etc. mix noodles and fish quite often.

We do not only this, but fried chicken and Spaghetti also

...and you're in Houston, right?

Our Asian markets and food are much better than your town's offerings actually.
Look it up, not my burden breh