If AI replaces your job, what is your next profession? Career change?

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I got multiple skills I'm not going to be ok. Been preparing for the future for decades. I know people who's career have already been decimated. People who worked in newspaper industry or music industry. Had one job for 30 years. They couldn't adapt. Float or down. Some of my friends work customer service jobs or back office type jobs. All these jobs can and will be replaced. If I had a 20 year mortgage and some kids I'd be sweating bullets.

TRUEST

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's spooky times. I just started doing web development and then this ChatGPT comes along. I'm not going to beat AI, imagine Chat-GPT 12 :mindblown:. so what the fukk do i do? Is every type of work involving computers now going to be obsolete? They'll just make an AI Add-On for SSH, so the AI can login to your server and it will build the server/deployment. I feel naked out here, i've wasted my time. I don't even know what to do next. I might as well travel to tibet and hug trees. It's a wrap on employment. I need a new skillset now.. :mjcry:
instead of being at the mercy of ai, you do realize you have the power to defeat it, right? You, and others like you, are like great warriors who are unable to fight because you’ve got your hand full with nonsensical items - Items being your need to have fun, your need to chase girls (or boys if you’re a girl), your need to have not one but multiple children.

buzzkill

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Midwest/GA
shyt is going to be plug and play...right now you might need to know a little programming... after ...it will simply be drag and drop not just frontend but also backend.

> Login to Server with my SSH Key
> Install Server with Python
> create an mariadb database
> Create Python Script that connects to database
etc

You won't need developers anymore :damn:
They said wordpress wix and squarespace would end frontend/web development too. People have been able to make drag and drop websites with no code solutions like elementor and web flow for years yet they still hire developers.