Idris Elba Got Turned Off From Playing James Bond When ‘It Became About Race’: It ‘Made the Whole Thing Disgusting and Off-Putting’

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
Elba noted at the time that “as humans, we are obsessed with race and that obsession can really hinder people’s aspirations, hinder people’s growth.”

“I stopped describing myself as a Black actor when I realized it put me in a box,” the actor said. “We’ve got to grow. We’ve got to. Our skin is no more than that: it’s just skin. Rant over.”
what's all this we shyt? :dahell: keep that self hate babble to yourself. I was black before anything else and besides that, society will remind you everyday. nikkas start making money and think they're color blind.

If they make him 007 his name should be SHAWN c00nERY :martin:

Daps
true talk, the world has changed and is rapidly changing.

While on leave of absence from the coli I used to kick it with Bond girl Robbin Young over on Twitter. She's a mental mess but in a good way. 😂

Robbin Young: The Former Playmate & Her Affair with Russian Hackers​

Robbin Young is a former Playboy model who had a stint as a Bond Girl. But she’s making headlines now for admitting she sexted the Russian spies behind Guccifer 2.0, the hackers indicted by the U.S. government for their alleged involvement in the 2016 elections.

Robbin-Young-Wiki.jpg

Quick question. How long was your hiatus from the coli?

:wtf:

boogers

cats rule, dogs drool
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#catset
i hate that idris missed the james bond bag, but after watching him making out with D's baby moms in the wire i'm good

:scusthov:

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
James Bond is a white man, so keep him as such.

We'd rightly be in our feelings if a historically fictional black character we created was played by a white man, so let's just keep it how it is.

If anything, he can be a spinoff type of character, but he doesn't need to be James Bond himself.

VoxSphere74

Banned
Daps
Why not give him his own franchise..

Because cacs definitely aren't going to fund movies/tv shows showing dominant Black men on screen and Black people for some reason don't want to put up the money to fund their own Black spy/hero content.

And Idris gets lead roles where he's not really in charge or dominant because cacs don't want that. In Luther for example, his wife leaves him for some cac and he has to deal with that, he's moody and trashes whatever is nearby often, and he solves his cases by depending on some lunatic cacette for help.

Bond by contrast doesn't have to deal with any of that.

Bourne either.

Nor Ethan Hunt in Mission Impossible. Who has a team but is still the main character and is always in charge.

And with Hijack he depends on the passengers to take out the hijackers and just like in Luther his wife on this show leaves him for some cac :scust:

In Passenger 57 on the other hand Wesley basically solves the hijacking himself and he gets the woman at the end.

Last edited:

BaggerofTea

Veteran
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
James Bond is a white man, so keep him as such.

We'd rightly be in our feelings if a historically fictional black character we created was played by a white man, so let's just keep it how it is.

If anything, he can be a spinoff type of character, but he doesn't need to be James Bond himself.
This is moronic, but you cac so it make sense you talk stupid

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
It was naive of him to have ever thought it wouldn't be, it should've been obvious people would make it a race issue.

But I don't blame him for not wanting to deal with that, we all know how the backlash gets whenever someone black plays a traditionally white character.