I watched Titanic again last night. I forgot how good of a movie it was.

tinnyskillz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Paterson/Passaic, New Jersey
I recently found out (like 2 weeks ago) the old lady at the end was not Rose who survived in real life :mjlol:My dumb ass was like "Then who is that talking to the children at the end? :mjtf:". Felt like my childhood was a lie after that one.

I put my mother on Mare of Easttown also 2 weeks ago. I told her you know that`s the lady from Titanic, right? She was like :ehh:She still looks good for her age. I was like "she sure does :takedat:"

Last edited:

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

CarbonBraddock

You will be trolled
Daps
while yall in here with rose-colored glasses on, never forget that the role of jack was supposed to go to wesley snipes until the white man screwed him over.

LexDiamonds

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
In her defense she was being sold off like meat to a 30 yo dude at 16 because her family was bankrupt. If they casted an ugly fat sweaty weirdo in that role instead of Billy Zane, you would see how gross it was from her perspective. Like you said. He basically took her on a nice expensive cruise. Does that mean she has to marry him?

Nah :hubie:
She jacked his jewel though :to:

He didn't even get to enjoy her.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
while yall in here with rose-colored glasses on, never forget that the role of jack was supposed to go to wesley snipes until the white man screwed him over.

WHAT?!?!

I need a link for this. Never heard this.

Titanic came out in 97. There’s absolutely no WAY 34 year old Wesley Snipes was going to be cast opposite 21 year old Kate Winslet as her LOVE INTEREST in a $200 Million blockbuster movie aimed at White Folks. James Cameron has NEVER cast a black male lead in any movie he’s directed. And 20th Century Fox would have canned the whole thing.

For context, one year earlier Roland Emmerich had to fight tooth & nail to get Will Smith cast in Independence Day because 20th Century Fox didn’t believe that a Black lead could carry a science fiction blockbuster. There’s no way that racist ass studio nor Cameron himself was putting Wesley in Titanic

semicko82

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
WHAT?!?!

I need a link for this. Never heard this.

Titanic came out in 97. There’s absolutely no WAY 34 year old Wesley Snipes was going to be cast opposite 21 year old Kate Winslet as her LOVE INTEREST in a $200 Million blockbuster movie aimed at White Folks. James Cameron has NEVER cast a black male lead in any movie he’s directed. And 20th Century Fox would have canned the whole thing.

For context, one year earlier Roland Emmerich had to fight tooth & nail to get Will Smith cast in Independence Day because 20th Century Fox didn’t believe that a Black lead could carry a science fiction blockbuster. There’s no way that racist ass studio nor Cameron himself was putting Wesley in Titanic
This