I want to start a hip hop album club(like a book club)

Mr Uncle Leroy

All Star
Daps
hip-hop album club - meetups/mixup discussions, even put online... share links electronically, then conference call for chats - its a good idea

h2o_proof

Thread Closed...As Usual
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Great idea. I thought about doing something like this a while back because me and some of my boys would frequently discuss albums on a regular basis anyway.

Only issue you'd run into is you have to have an independent 3rd party, someone who's not in the album club but who has similar sensibilities pick which album would be reviewed each month otherwise it'd get boring or not everyone would take it serious.

Once again great idea though considering for most of us here, music, specifically hip-hop is something we pride ourselves on being able to discuss ad-nausium like people discuss books, cars, art, movies, the Bible etc.

Mr. Bytes

yup
Daps
Reppin
originally from the 'ville
cool idea

especially if one were to pick albums from all the subgenres of rap. Plus new and old.

There is A LOT of different types of rap to me

I.e., some mafioso ny rap one week followed by some dirty south trap music followed by some little brother type shyt followed by some super lyrical shyt...

iono i listen to all of that type of shyt :yeshrug:

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Do that, should film it and youtube it too. Would be interesting. Maybe take requests on here what to review also?